ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 9 of 51 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you up to today?

Default Re: What are you up to today?

Made comfort food.... fried Dough.. stuffed fried dough.. and stuffed fried "Dough"-Nuts. Made the dough by hand and.. so good and I even put tomato sauce on it to make it healthy.

20230327_182440.jpg

20230327_182505.jpg

20230327_182541.jpg
    AquaticSuppliers.comFoods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

I've never heard of fried dough. It does look good with the tomato sauce on top.

My lunch was a disaster. And I had the killer leftover venison chili I made yesterday. My neighbor had a crab boil for her co-workers yesterday. She gave me leftovers. She had never done this before and didn't know to purge the shrimp first. I ate a little, I gave a couple each to the dogs and broke one open, pulled out the tail meat and gave it by hand to Chicken Chicken. I'll have the good chili tomorrow and freeze what's left.
    Mama Bear

Sorry to hear that Liz! Few things worse than food that you look forward to that turns out bad.

Im surprised you havent heard of Fried Dough? I assumed it was one of those staple foods in the USA. Maybe its a NorthEast thing. Out here its a favorite at carnivals and we often have fried dough sellers at all the town fairs.. Even our fire depts sell them as fund raising events. Its basically just pizza dough thats stretched and fried. Some like it with sauce ..others sprinkle parmesan cheese on it.. still others will put sugar on them.

I make them the traditional way stretched out but we love them here rolled up with shredded mozzarella cheese or shredded mexican cheese mixes...

Its one of those foods you know is bad for you but you just really dont care!
    Last edited by brewmaster15; 03-27-2023 at 08:55 PM.

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

Real Name
    Brian

It was a busy weekend for me. Among other things, there was a big dart tournament I played in. Not only did I win, but I won enough to make a nice addition to my future discus fund. And I was also the hero of the day for cooking 10lbs of fried catfish

Quote Originally Posted by jeep View Post
    It was a busy weekend for me. Among other things, there was a big dart tournament I played in. Not only did I win, but I won enough to make a nice addition to my future discus fund. And I was also the hero of the day for cooking 10lbs of fried catfish
    Wow... congrats on all fronts there Brian!

Al

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

Real Name
    Greg

Quote Originally Posted by jeep View Post
    Congrats on the tourney win and being the hero! Plus bringing home money? That's a great day!

I had a fun weekend. Saturday was fishkeeping and yard work, but Sunday I took my classic Mustang to a car show in the infield of the Daytona International Speedway and in the afternoon they let us drive our cars around the track! Fantastic, rare experience!!
    Oh, and I'm not much of a Nascar fan but met the *real* Jimmy Johnson, 86 years old, 54 Nascar wins! It was a great day!

Greg that does sound like a great day out. I bet it was cool to drive around that track! Not too many can say they drove at an event on the Daytona I.S.!
    Al

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

Real Name
    Francis

5 Most Popular Asian Stir-Fry Sauces

You can make countless dishes with these 5 Asian stir-fry sauces: brown sauce, general tso’s sauce, teriyaki sauce, honey sesame sauce, and sweet and sour sauce.

Grasshopper
    Francis

I'm going to have to try that General Tso's sauce.. Thanks Francis!

al

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

Real Name
    Francis

for dinner I made Teriyaki salmon with bean sprout and broccoli on the Blackstone grill. Oops forgot to take photos.
    Grasshopper
    Francis

Real Name
    Francis

Al I follow her recipe for Chinese General Tso’s Chicken.

Secret Ingredients:

The authentic recipe of General Tso’s chicken always calls for the following ingredients:

Soy sauce. Use a good quality soy sauce.
    Dark soy sauce lends nice dark brown color to the dish.
    Chinese rice vinegar plays a vital role in lending the bold vinegary note to the sauce.
    Hoisin Sauce is the secret ingredient.
    Dried red chilies—an important ingredient in Hunan cooking, making the chicken and the sauce mildly spicy.

https://rasamalaysia.com/general-tsos-chicken-recipe/

Quote Originally Posted by brewmaster15 View Post
    I'm going to have to try that General Tso's sauce.. Thanks Francis!

al
    Grasshopper
    Francis

Thanks, Francis!
    Mama Bear

Registered Member

I gave up trying to grow tomatoes. They start out really good then like clockwork the blight hits around the middle of July
    Reluctantly, I tried several different sprays and the only thing they did was cost me money.
    We grow lettuce , herbs, eggplant ect on the deck because the deer and rabbits think the garden is there personal restaurant.
    So for the fiest time in 70 years no garden.
    Today I will be cutting up a tree I lost during our last snow storm.
    Jay

Real Name
    Jacob

I've never had much or any trouble with tomato blight. But I usually mulch under the plants quite heavily with grass clippings, which keeps soil from splashing up on the bottom leaves. Which is something I understand to be a pretty big concern for blight.

I didn't get this done today, but on Sunday I did a different sequence of water change routine and ended up with my valves messed up. Normally I cannot start a siphon through the pump... but on Sunday it started just fine. So I drained about 60-65 gallons of water onto the basement floor though the pump. Which was fun. Thankfully it's just mostly bare concrete.
    My resealed 29 gallon has been holding water going on three days now, so I think that was a success. I've got another pair of Apistogrammas coming that I won in a giveaway on another forum.
    Picture of the father of the fish I'll receive, they're F3s:
    P1120755.jpg.cdb13432039cdce1848ddcd67d704c1e.jpg (https://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/auct...sto&1680647491)

So I've got to get the 29 ready for those two fish which will be here on Friday.

Willie, you and I are changing What Are You Up to Today to a recipe area. Al, you and your fried dough were no help. I don't care, cause everyone reads this, and only crickets read Recipes, Recipes, Recipes.

My Char Siu sauce came in today. I didn't want to drive all the way to the Asian Market in Hattiesburg, so I used Amazon. I took the roast out of the freezer just now, and will put it to marinade overnight. I've never used pork loin. The Woks of Life recipe says a shoulder roast so that's what I have been using. They like the shoulder roast because the high amount of fat in it bastes the meat as it cooks. This time I bought what's called Country Style Ribs. What they look like is wide slices of boneless shoulder meat. After I marinate I plan to tie them together with cooking twine before I bake them. I don't know if I said this earlier, but one time I was discovered that I was out of honey. I used pure Vermont maple syrup instead. I swear, it's even better with the maple syrup.

I also got the Gochujang sauce I'd ordered. I can't remember what recipe I wanted to make that calls for it, but next time I'm in the mood for fire breathing heat, I'll look around the internet and fine something that appeals.
    Mama Bear

Page 9 of 51 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast