ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CT Winter shorebirds and residents

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Default Re: CT Winter shorebirds and residents

Great set Al but the Grackle is the star. I do not think I have seen this guy before. What a gorgeous bird.
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Thanks Liz and Pat! Yes the common grackle can be a very stunning looking bird.

Well thats about it for this thread I guess. Its a cold day here today in the 40s and windy but the next few days are supposed to be warmer. Yesterday we heard the spring peepers so Its a good time to close out my winter shorebirds and residents series.

Hopefully spring is truly here, I am really looking forward to spring flowers, insect macros, and of course the return of our migrants for breeding. Winter here is always my hardest time to be a wildlife photographer. Finding subject matter is just so hit or miss. The other seasons I can shoot so many different things and everything is so much more easy to find. Heres to spring! Could not have come soon enough!
    Al
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Real Name
    Dave

I love wading into the lavender in our yard with a macro lens and extension tubes to photograph the bees.

Great series Al.
    God is the artist, he merely allows me to see and capture his work . http://davesphotography7055.zenfolio.com/ coupon code: angelfish
    some of my work accepted by Pentax (the camera bodies I use): http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/davidgray

I envy anyone who lives where climate is right to make lavender happy. It's too hot and humid where I live.
    Mama Bear

Real Name
    Dave

No humidity.....I am in the desert

Summer temp average is 100 plus.

I had no idea that the problem here not the heat after all. It's the humidity. It's even humid in the winter. I run a dehumidifier in the house when I remember to empty the bucket. In the fish room, I have it set to 60% humidity. It drains down to the woods via a hose thorough the wall.
    Mama Bear

Real Name
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by LizStreithorst View Post
    I had no idea that the problem here not the heat after all. It's the humidity. It's even humid in the winter. I run a dehumidifier in the house when I remember to empty the bucket. In the fish room, I have it set to 60% humidity. It drains down to the woods via a hose thorough the wall.

We get the same amount of rain as Portland, OR, but we get it all at once which is why we have a great dryland wheat crop.

We have Sage brush, greasewood, and sand here... I am on the Brown side of Oregon. The English lavender is happy, but I can't grow Spanish Lavender
    God is the artist, he merely allows me to see and capture his work . http://davesphotography7055.zenfolio.com/ coupon code: angelfish
    some of my work accepted by Pentax (the camera bodies I use): http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/davidgray

Sounds cool, but I like it better here where it's green most of the year.
    Mama Bear

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12