ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Real name thread..

Default Real name thread..

Yeah I know it sounds boring.. but I wanted to get a thread going where members could shout out their real names... of course if you are in a witness protection program please dont put your life at risk.

User names are great things.. like a nickname... but a real name is ..well.. real.

Obviously I am brewmaster15 here on Simply and other forums... but you can call me " Al"
    AquaticSuppliers.comFoods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Default Re: Real name thread..

Nobody will ever guess what my real name is lol. I could have picked an easier user name, but I like my real one because it's so unusual. I understand that it's even an usual name in Germany. It means something like "fighting eagle in a high up nest". I think it suits me.
    Mama Bear

Real Name
    Brian

Well, my name is in the signature, but it's Brian. The reason I chose jeep is because this was the first forum I ever joined and I couldn't think of anything other than my Jeep at the time. I actually have a different username I use for testing, and it was actually my real nickname before the forum. I've been thinking about merging them since I haven't had a Jeep in nearly 20 years, lol...

I think you should merge, Brain. Just MHO, but I see so many people refer to you as Jeep, I don't think they know who you really are.
    Last edited by jeep; 03-07-2023 at 06:56 PM.
    Mama Bear

Registered Member

Sure I'll play, mine is Ike
    Last edited by pitdogg2; 03-07-2023 at 03:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pitdogg2 View Post
    Sure I'll play, mine is Ike
    Now you gotta share where your user name comes from? I keep picturing the dog fight scene from "white fang" "
    Call of the wild

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by brewmaster15 View Post
    Now you gotta share where your user name comes from? I keep picturing the dog fight scene from "white fang" "
    Call of the wild
    My family has bred and raised different breeds dogs for decades. My father bred champion and grandnight champion Treeing Walker coon hounds. My young self was carted all over the central US to go to coon hunts for my father to get breed reognition and points to for the dogs ( winning hunts) My other relative raised "bulldogg's, I took a shine to these dog's and you're somewhat correct in your assessment. I will not get into all that, as a young child i was always told I WAS SO BULL HEADED. One of my uncles said I had the tenacity of a pitbull once I got ahold of something.

I've raised and bred "Bulldoggs" for decades and I no longer refer to them as Pitbulls because of the hatred some have for the breed. A well bred American pitbull terrier is very people friendly and very critter mean, that was in fact the whole reason they were bred for, to rid the farms of varmints and vermin.

I'd love to see some pics of your breeding stock. I love Pits. I'm not fond of Bulldogs which are often referred to as English Bulldogs, down south here. They are bred to be unsound. The poor things have all sorts of issues because of their short noses, not to mention the bad underbite that comes with the mushed face.
    Mama Bear

Registered Member

Look at my profile. My old female is there. She is no longer with us. I have older pictures at home unfortunately a yard full of dogs is not allowed in town anymore. We can no longer get kennel licences. Ten years ago some nut poisoned several of my dogs thanks to the climate of these dogs. It is the reason I use the term "bulldog" I grew tired of idiots trying to educate me on something they are so clueless about.

Yes English bulldogs are a wreck. I would never have one. American Bulldogg now that is a different story and a different animal and one beautiful critter. My next dog may very well be an American Bulldogg or a Cane Corso but mine will have a hammer handle of a tail. Not a big fan of completely docked tails or ears.

Real Name
    Brian

I think you should merge, Brain. Just MHO, but I see so many people refer to you as Jeep, I don't think they know who you really are.
    My other username is "alien" so I'm not sure that would help for name recognition, lol...

I have to get more creative with names.. brewmaster15 was from eons ago when I brewed alot of beer.. now with all the awesome microbreweries I brew rarely.. probably more of a drinkmaster these days...I fully appreciate a Good brew made by others. Though I still do brew once in awhile and I do still grow hops..

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I don't think that you should change yours, Al. When you started the forum you called yourself Brewmaster. You can't just up and change it all these years later.
    Mama Bear

Real Name
    Roland E. Wilson

Real name Roland E. Wilson. Choose farebox because was Bus Operator.

Real Name
    Dave

Username dagray.... first and middle initial and last name easy to remember as it is the beginning of my email address......Name is Dave (David).

I am Viking, Scott, and Irish......and yes I wear the kilt with pride.
    God is the artist, he merely allows me to see and capture his work . http://davesphotography7055.zenfolio.com/ coupon code: angelfish
    some of my work accepted by Pentax (the camera bodies I use): http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/davidgray

Real Name
    Tom

Lol Roland I thought train conductor . I’m Tom iminit is just a change when I came here I’m ssinit everywhere else. Was a combo of an ss Monte Carlo I had and boat name init. Was an electrican by trade. Retired now.
    Yes Al lots of Microbrews in this area too. 03C698D6-9D05-4B8F-9C50-46AB24850582.jpg41553FC0-3E38-4893-BC24-7FFA15E06E15.jpg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast