ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: The Oscars

Registered Member

Default The Oscars

Everything Everywhere is perhaps the worst movie I have seen in years.

Not that I ever go out of my way to watch an academy award nominated film.
    The Everywhere movie has been on free streaming service for several months so my wife and I watched it a couple of months ago.
    We were shocked when it was nominated during this awards season and, i guess, not surprised when it won.
    Top Gun Maverick shoulda won.

Real Name
    Tom

Default Re: The Oscars

Nope no where close! Want to see a terrible movie go see award winning Manchester by the sea! Casey Affleck had to have pictures of somebody to win anything from that movie! But thanks for the warning! I’ll bow out when the wife asks to watch it.

Real Name
    Dave

Oscars are big South American fish that will eat all smaller fish in the tank

🤣🤣🤣😜🤣🤣😜😜

Silver Member
    Real Name
    Don Speers

Sad culmination of trending triviality where popular is the anthesis of artistically worthy, presenters are rabidly anti-gun rights while being surrounded by a bevy of armed private security guards and the entire group is wholly commited to equity while wearing outfits worth more than the average americans' car. And they wonder why ratings have tanked. As well, I am always interested in the young and relatively uninformed sharing with me their inciteful, comprehensive advice on how to fix the world. Speaking of which, were the Oscar Awards on last night? A simple moratorium on theater attendance seems appropriate. Frankly with a little patience, my family room, reclining couch, very big screen TV, snacks, and finally BR all are always much more comfortable than the alternative. Initially a lifestyle change due COVID, but I like killing two birds with one stone......

If not clear, italics indicates sarcasm

Registered Member

Let’s not get political about it.
    Just that for years, decades even, the Oscar winners are usually not the movies I enjoy.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by captainandy View Post
    Let’s not get political about it.
    Just that for years, decades even, the Oscar winners are usually not the movies I enjoy.
    Thank You.