ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New fish white spot? Fungus?

Registered Member

Default Re: New fish white spot? Fungus?

You might be surprised to learn that a fish’s immune responds is very similar to that of ours.
    If you presented to me I would either recommend to do nothing or pop it with a fine needle. In no circumstance would I recommend adding antibiotics. Esentially since you don’t know sensitivities.

Our fish are loaded with bacteria, fungus and other parasites. It’s usually a stressor to the environment that induces a pathological state. Mamma Bear, you posted recently that you perform self surgery.
    If you can self treat, you can certainly do the same on your fishy friends.
    If anyone lives near me I’d be happy to make house calls with my bag of needles

Real Name
    Mervin

Al, it is true that I've never treated fish with H2O2 for wound care. But I did take a few nursing in-services on different kinds of wound care and did wound care of some sort almost every day. I guess that was what I taught in my college days and in services on wound care about not putting H2O2 on open skin that it will also oxidize healthy tissue; that fact remains. But I also know there's more than one way to cure things. I'm also glad that everyone on here can have an opinion. I sure did not mean to sound mean just because my education was a bit different on H2O2.

Quote Originally Posted by captainandy View Post
    You might be surprised to learn that a fish’s immune responds is very similar to that of ours.
    If you presented to me I would either recommend to do nothing or pop it with a fine needle. In no circumstance would I recommend adding antibiotics. Esentially since you don’t know sensitivities.

Our fish are loaded with bacteria, fungus and other parasites. It’s usually a stressor to the environment that induces a pathological state. Mamma Bear, you posted recently that you perform self surgery.
    If you can self treat, you can certainly do the same on your fishy friends.
    If anyone lives near me I’d be happy to make house calls with my bag of needles
    Andy, this post is a bit hypocritical of you.. You advocated just the opposite a month ago,

http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showth...unknown-diease
    Quote Originally Posted by captainandy View Post
    Shot gun.
    Hit them with anti parasite and broad spectrum antibiotic.

al
    AquaticSuppliers.comFoods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123