ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RO Re-mineralization product.

Default Re: RO Re-mineralization product.

I been using the RO with the filters and I am hoping to get a a good amount of water through these filters. I ordered a flow meter so I can see how many gallons I get with the two cartridges. So far the PH is stable at 7.2 ish. The KH and GH is at the level that I posted. The nice thing is when I just top off the barrels no calculations how much I need to add of the remineralizing chemicals just turn the valve on.
    Just Call Me Chuck

Disclaimer : I am an old man and all this information is from the top of my head so any mistakes noted I claim the 5th

Chuck hows the readings now? Still stable?

al
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Quote Originally Posted by brewmaster15 View Post
    Chuck hows the readings now? Still stable?

al
    Actually, it will keep going up if you leave it in the aging barrels. After a few days it got up to 7.8. Now I also have an issue with my Hanna groline meters. My handheld with a separate probe gets a higher reading than my Groline pen so now I don't trust them. I just order a different brand. Blue Labs to see which is correct. I should get the new meter today. On the well-established 75-gallon tanks it raised the PH from 7 to 7.3 but on my bare bottom small tanks it has gone up to 7.6 and those are sponge filter only. The good is that my KH is at 5 not at 2 -3 like before so I was constantly fighting a drop of the PH to dangerous levels.
    I did a little reading and the MNR filter you posted is only remineralizer it has no PH adjusting minerals, I guess no KH.

I was hoping others would chime in if they tried this.
    Last edited by Charlyc11; 04-11-2023 at 01:30 PM.
    Just Call Me Chuck

Disclaimer : I am an old man and all this information is from the top of my head so any mistakes noted I claim the 5th

I hope others will Chuck.. in the meanwhile you are an awesome guinea pig Thanks for reporting on this.

Al
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Well I stoped testing I did not think my fish like it so back to powders and calculations. I will be trying out several Remineralizers and at the moment I have equilibrium (don't like it hard to resolve and gets cloudy for a wile}, replenish OK but not for planted aquarium. I ordered Brightwell Aquatics Remineraliz P and a bottle of the liquid along with the Brightwell Aquatics Florin Delta KH+. I have also on hand the Continuum product but did not like them.
    I don't trust the media in the cartridges they are not made in the us so who knows.
    Just Call Me Chuck

Registered Member

Why not just throw some CaCO3 [which I assume the product is] into the RO barrels?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12