AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: Getting back into it

Real Name
    Matt

Default Getting back into it

Mostly stepped away for a while, lack of interest, other interests, whatever it was I'm slowly getting the bug again to shoot some photography. No real direction, just trying to shoot randomly to find the passion again. Here are some recent things I've taken, a mixed bag. Hope to have more stuff to post soon!

The other day was super clear, I happened to walk outside and look up to see an airliner screaming way overhead. I pulled out my flight radar app on the phone to see what it was. Then the light bulb went on. I can setup outside and see what flights are about to go over me from what direction, really really enjoyed this and I want to do more plane spotting soon. These were all at cruising altitude shot with either my 100-400mm or 150-600mm. Focus was pretty good to pick them up this high but a plane moving hundreds of miles per hour at 30,000ft is not easy to keep in the viewfinder. I just really like seeing the liveries on the plane.

Air Transat by Matt, on Flickr
    Air Canada by Matt, on Flickr
    Southwest by Matt, on Flickr
    Delta by Matt, on Flickr
    Sunwing Airlines by Matt, on Flickr

Was at the State House for work the other day and snapped a couple
    SC State House by Matt, on Flickr

And here is the moon for good measure
    Moon shot by Matt, on Flickr
    -Matt

Default Re: Getting back into it

Welcome Back Matt..to both the forum and photography! I like those plane shots.. I didnt realize there was an app to track flights? I have a bunch of fly overs here I have always wondered where they were headed.

Still Canon? Still shooting pentax here but expanded to Nikon dslr.. I needed the extra reach for birding.

Good to see you again!
    Al
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Real Name
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by brewmaster15 View Post
    Welcome Back Matt..to both the forum and photography! I like those plane shots.. I didnt realize there was an app to track flights? I have a bunch of fly overs here I have always wondered where they were headed.

Still Canon? Still shooting pentax here but expanded to Nikon dslr.. I needed the extra reach for birding.

Good to see you again!
    Al
    Thanks! Yeah check out Flightradar 24, great app.

Yeah still shooting Canon. Toyed with the idea of a new body soon, want to finally go mirrorless. If the budget allows maybe i will pull the trigger. I'd really like to jump into some more video, nature/landscape type cinematics would be awesome.
    -Matt

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Hi Matt and nice to see you. Miss not having you around. Your flight shots are amazing and so different. Have you ever shot airshows? They are a lot of fun. I still shoot Nikon and went mirrorless with my latest body. I shoot all kinds of stuff these days.
    Welcome back,
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Real Name
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by Second Hand Pat View Post
    Hi Matt and nice to see you. Miss not having you around. Your flight shots are amazing and so different. Have you ever shot airshows? They are a lot of fun. I still shoot Nikon and went mirrorless with my latest body. I shoot all kinds of stuff these days.
    Welcome back,
    Pat
    Hey Pat good to see you. I check in now and then. Still have some fish just no discus! I should update my tank thread soon. I’ve never shot an airshow but would love to. It’s on my to do list, as well as just going to some airports and plane spotting for a bit.

I’ll be honest most of my wish to go mirrorless comes from the weight difference. Tired of lugging around the 1Dxii haha. Have a new star tracker that would work great with a mirrorless body as well.

It's always good to see you, Mr. Bugg. You still have the rainbow tank, right? Just to entertain myself while I wait for my Discus pairs to spawn I put a pair of Millenniums in a tank with a big amazon sword. They're finally feeling comfortable there so I expect them to get it on one morning soon. Most of my rainbows are mutts. I'd like to feed them to the vegetable garden and have just Millenniums and by a group of Neons to go with them like you have. I like your taste in Raibow's and would love to see an up dated pic of that tank.
    Mama Bear