ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New tool for shipping

Default New tool for shipping

It's gotten so my old arthritic hands have a hard time sealing fish bags with rubber bands. It amazes me how it only takes a couple of seconds for most people to do it. One of my Aquabid customers suggested this tool to me. It looks so great. My worries about leaking bags are hopefully over. I ordered one on Amazon yesterday and it will be here tomorrow. I can't wait to try it. I have a huge order of rams going out Monday and this will be such a help and also greatly reduce the stress I feel when I ship. I'll let y'all know how it works after I try it.

https://www.google.com/search?q=how+...id:LVod99oa0rg
    Mama Bear

Default Re: New tool for shipping

I will be watching for that Liz.. As you know I am a bit of a nut when I bag things to ship. Hope it works out for you!

Al
    AquaticSuppliers.comFoods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Yes you are. With all the people wanting your baby SS a while back I'm surprised that your hands didn't fall off.
    Mama Bear

Real Name
    Brian

Years ago I bought 6 adult Mandarin Passions from Henry D for a really good price. When they arrived the next day, the bags had all leaked and all the fish were dead. He had used a heat sealer and it didn't seal. Broke my heart!!!

Man, I didn't need to hear that. If the seal is good it should not leak. It's easy to test the bag before shipping. I wonder if he might have added too much O2 and the bag got too tight and sprung a leak. I'm still gonna try the thing and test it well before depend on it for shipping.
    Mama Bear

Liz that's what I use with breather bags. The sealer should have the wide heat element. It works great but need to be careful controlling the temperature setting and letting cool off in the down position and then let go. Also is good for repairing faulty bags. I no failures so far.

I got it at Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...e?ie=UTF8&th=1

Screenshot 2023-05-10 121331.jpg
    Just Call Me Chuck

Disclaimer : I am an old man and all this information is from the top of my head so any mistakes noted I claim the 5th

What do you ship in breather bags, Chuck?
    Mama Bear

PBR's one per bag and heat seal. In the photo you see on the right my first test it's been laying around for months. On top of the box is what I been using aqpkg. I have done at least 20 shipments with no failures. I wrap them in newspaper so they don't touch each other or the heat pad. I don't have O2 so I use these.

20230510_162541.jpg

20230510_163513.jpg
    Last edited by Charlyc11; 05-10-2023 at 04:38 PM.
    Just Call Me Chuck

Disclaimer : I am an old man and all this information is from the top of my head so any mistakes noted I claim the 5th

Where do you buy those boxes, Chuck?
    Mama Bear

The box is what the bags were shipped in from aqpkg.com. They sell the medium flat rate insulation for the USPS boxes also 20 for $75 that makes them $3.75 each. I know you make your own but not a bad price for the precut. Since I ship UPS, I bought the boxes from amazon pack of 25 for $29.
    Last edited by Charlyc11; 05-11-2023 at 10:37 AM.
    Just Call Me Chuck

You're right about that but I'll stick with how I'm doing it even though cutting styro for boxes is one of my least favorite chores. If it saves me a bit of money I'm for it. I'll be dumpster diving for boxes today.
    Mama Bear

I still make my own liner unless I have a box from a fish buy that I can recycle. I am a pause for now I had a sick tank on QT for a while and now is vacation time to head to Florida for a week. I have to make things easy for my house, dog, turtle, cat and fish sitter.

Quote Originally Posted by LizStreithorst View Post
    You're right about that but I'll stick with how I'm doing it even though cutting styro for boxes is one of my least favorite chores. If it saves me a bit of money I'm for it. I'll be dumpster diving for boxes today.
    Last edited by Charlyc11; 05-11-2023 at 12:56 PM.
    Just Call Me Chuck

My sealer arrived today and I really want to play with it. I guess I spent too much time shopping at the dollar store and supermarket. I had fun until I arrived at the checkout.
    Mama Bear

Wich one did you get? Did you get the wide heat element 5mm? I return my first buy that had a 2 mm heat element. Let me know if you have any questions.
    Just Call Me Chuck

I bought the one that was like the one in the video. I didn't know that there was better quality. I hope that mine lasts.
    Mama Bear

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast