ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: I love this video. ..

Default I love this video. ..

I came across this video awhile back but everytime I see it I laugh harder. I don't know if its just funny to me because I come from a family deeply connected to the Construction world. Many of my relatives are contractors as was my Dad. My first job out of school was working for a construction supply company ...

Anyhow.. I see this video and it fits a few people I know to a t... I'm kinda curious if you find it funny too?

AquaticSuppliers.comFoods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Default Re: I love this video. ..

I worked like a dog when I was a carpenter's helper. It's because I loved working hard (go figure). But one of the guys I worked with would out of nowhere come up limping and say "Something turned loose" and wait for a friend to come pick him up. He was also the guy who could never find the tool he was sent to fetch. I loved some of the terminology we used on the job sight. I won't say the words we used when a piece of wood was cut just a tiny tad too long. I got used to talking like that on the job sight. Once I said something kind of obscene that our crew knew what I was referring to. Once on a big commercial job I said one of those things just as an electrician came out. One of our guys told me that he heard the electrition say "did you hear what that woman said?!" The worst thing was when I had to leave to do something. The boss knew about it in advance. We were working with 3 other helpers on that day. When I left I told them that I'd be back in an hour and for them to make me proud of them while I was gone. When I got back, the crew had walked out! I wasn't a very good helper. I hauled a lot of lumber from here to there and did other dummy jobs, but I loved the hard work and although I wasn't as strong as the men, I could hang longer.
    Mama Bear

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Cute video Al He is almost working too hard at not working lol.
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Real Name
    Dave

Ah yes the old pick up a clip board and walk around the shop gig.... done that a few times when there wasn't work to accomplish.
    God is the artist, he merely allows me to see and capture his work . http://davesphotography7055.zenfolio.com/ coupon code: angelfish
    some of my work accepted by Pentax (the camera bodies I use): http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/davidgray