ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Another wigglers now what post

Default Re: Another wigglers now what post

Greg, those fry look great. They are growing nicely for you too. By the looks so far they look like they will be pretty clean too as far as peppering. Not surprising as the parents are clean but you never know what will happen when you breed two pigeons.
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Greg

27 days old. 23 Fry. They eat a lot of baby brine shrimp, and I have them on tropical discus baby pellets. They seem quite happy with their parents, and the parents seem pretty happy, so I am leaving them in for another week.

I left them for another 3 nights last weekend with the auto-feeder on and they did just fine.

I've moved to 1x a day water changes from 2x a day. They seem to be still thriving. I also added a second box filter with more seachem matrix and a bag of purigen.

Beginning to plan for where they are going. I have a niece that is taking 6 but will have 17 left. I may build another display tank (150 gallon planted) for most of the remaining fish. That will be a months/year-long project as I will grow them to adulthood before putting them in with the plants.

I am leaving for 6 weeks beginning next week. My niece will be doing daily water changes and feeding them in addition to the auto feeder. Trying to get them as big as possible on BBS before I leave. Once I'm gone they'll be getting auto feeder pellets 4x a day and frozen food 1x.

http://youtube.com/shorts/q0zNWFM-GPo?feature=share
    Last edited by GregMD; 06-14-2023 at 05:55 PM.

Greg, be sure to leave your niece with this forums info. If anything happens while you are gone, we may be able to help. 6 WEEKS is a long trip.. you are lucky to have your nieces help. Safe trip!

Al
    Last edited by brewmaster15; 06-14-2023 at 07:42 PM.
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123