ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: Just got this beaut locally??!!??

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Mike

Default Just got this beaut locally??!!??

Default Re: Just got this beaut locally??!!??

That is one really nice red Discus! It looks very healthy. Congrats!

Whats the story though with the one behind it? That turq isnt looking very well.

Al
    AquaticSuppliers.comFoods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Mike

Al- yes the blue tiger turq has been not well for some time. He’s been in my QT for >1 month and hasn’t been eating which is why he is so thin. He started with a single eye cloudiness. I treated with fin and body API, then seachem kanaplex, neither helped. I bit the bullet and did a PP treatment, and it cleared the eye. After resolution of the eye he still isn’t eating. He’s had several 12 day metro courses with an elevated temp 88, and salt. He continues to have white stool, tube shaped, like intestinal lining. I don’t think this is parasites but treated with prazi and flubendazole. Didn’t help. I’m kind of out of options. I’ve been doing daily water changes in the 20 gal QT tank and adding salt. Any ideas anyone? I’m kind of at the end of my knowledge. He’s currently day 2 of another metro treatments with the new guy in there. Any ideas… I’m thinking about euthanasia, but other than cachexia, he is looking ok. I really like this discus as well so it’s tough to give up.

MIke, Thats a real bummer on the fish. I'm really sorry to hear that. It always seems its the ones we like the most! AS for what to do. It really sounds as if you have tried everything with that fish and its just not turning around and is wasting away. My gut reaction is thats its time to euthanize it...especially since you have just brought home that new fish. Its really not an ideal situation to quarantine a new fish with a sick one, you risk the new one getting sick if you keep them together. I wish I could give you better advice but sometimes the best advice is the one we least want to hear.

al
    AquaticSuppliers.comFoods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Mike

Thanks Al- I think that’s where I’m at. Will plan to euthanize and maybe PP again to sterilize the QT tank