AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nothing special but since is being a while

Real Name
    Julian

Default Nothing special but since is being a while

Hi Simply long time not posting ,
    AB76B72B-2A8E-4C56-B625-15FCCEA5DAF7.jpeg
    So this female Yellow face Red Melon kind of a nymph spawning every week , males couldn't catch with her, finally have an Alenquer cross from Oscar PompaDiscus , and she manage to get 9 frys to attach like I said nothing special
    but want to share anyway
    2BB75BD4-81ED-4598-BE5A-3BE21A10B763.jpeg Male
    Breeding , interest and goals Wilds Heckels and Cuipeuas and a few Domestics pairs with occasional fry as well as Angels fancy Plecos , corys and shrimps.

Default Re: Nothing special but since is being a while

Julian, nothing special? My backside! Lol .Congrats! Any fry are something to enjoy! Nice fish but nicer still to see you posting my friend.
    Al
    AquaticSuppliers.comFoods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Welcome home and crangrats. I have fallen in love with your beautiful male. Good luck with the pair's 9 kids.
    Mama Bear

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Hi Julian, super nice to see you here. It's been a while and there is nothing better then seeing fry on the back of their parents. Nice going
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Real Name
    Julian

Thanks Al , I will make time to be here more often, Simply is where all begins, or sure I said started.
    Julian.
    Breeding , interest and goals Wilds Heckels and Cuipeuas and a few Domestics pairs with occasional fry as well as Angels fancy Plecos , corys and shrimps.

Real Name
    Julian

Thanks Liz, notice you been busy , with your breeding program , yes love the Alenquer cross is not a pure wild but is really close to.

Real Name
    Julian

Quote Originally Posted by Second Hand Pat View Post
    Hi Julian, super nice to see you here. It's been a while and there is nothing better then seeing fry on the back of their parents. Nice going
    Pat
    Thanks Pat
    yes is being a while , How are your wild doing these days.

Real Name
    Julian

E37DB9E9-1E7D-44E0-BF83-401F923CF41C.jpeg
    So, she manage to laid eggs again , while having fry on their backs , and to avoid any slaughter I took from my days of artificial and put them floating in a bowl in a 20 gal that will be their initial grow up tank later on. I think I have a "slider" as I have found that it goes side ways to the bottom from time to time and then goes and swim with the school from time to time, have sliders with artificial rearing , but not recall to have one coming from fry that is being attached to parents from over a week.

I've never done artificial raising, but I still have the occasional bottom slider. It just happens.
    Mama Bear

Registered Member

I have seen 90% sliders from parental raise before. Sliders are difficult to cull as soon as I try to net them they start to swim normally with the rest.

Cliff
    Last edited by CliffsDiscus; 06-12-2023 at 12:57 PM.

Real Name
    Julian

Quote Originally Posted by LizStreithorst View Post
    I've never done artificial raising, but I still have the occasional bottom slider. It just happens.
    uhm, I guess I was lucky before. yes with artificial in the bowl the brine shrimp just swim to their mouth and you end up with a bunch of "couchpotatoes" that eat but can't get up to swim.

Real Name
    Julian

Quote Originally Posted by CliffsDiscus View Post
    I have seen 90% sliders from parental raise before. Sliders are difficult to cull as soon as I try to net them they start to swim normally with the rest.

Cliff
    Yes , Cliff that is exactly what is happening, but I think I going to cull him sooner than later.

Real Name
    Julian

6FDF7F21-3E29-4DED-A0A1-4CE988510711.jpeg
    So I moved them to the 20 gallon where they were floating, a little bit more work than in the bowl , but want them to develop properly, they are 8 now after culling the slider.
    A4E506A6-F4CE-464E-8067-D70BFDCCDD57.jpeg
    The spawn turn out to be no fertile but they will go again for sure got some new FDBW from Al, so hopefully these improve their diet to be more fertile.DC72564B-7328-45DC-9AD9-4CDCC416AC1D.jpeg

Julian, Thank you for sharing the progress with us. I am going to follow this thread, in the hopes of doing something similar in future. Please keep posting pictures and updates. What are you feeding the babies? Do you have any filter on the baby tank? How much water change are you doing?
    Thank you,
    Sandip
    ------------------------------------------------
    Nothing worth doing is ever easy...

Real Name
    Julian

Quote Originally Posted by sandipan.ece View Post
    Julian, Thank you for sharing the progress with us. I am going to follow this thread, in the hopes of doing something similar in future. Please keep posting pictures and updates. What are you feeding the babies? Do you have any filter on the baby tank? How much water change are you doing?
    I feed fresh hatch baby brine shrimp , the filter in the tank is a sponge filter , I do daily water changes sometimes twice , but only about a 30% and very important at the end of the day, so they sleep in a cleaner water.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast