ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: Petco Tank Sale

Default Petco Tank Sale

Just wanted to remind everyone that Petco is having their Aqueon tank sale right now. I just picked up a 60 gallon breeder (had never seen the 60 breeder before) for $80 bucks for my anticipated return to the hobby. On sale for $99 then an additional 20% off if bought online to pick up in store. 75 gallon tanks for $110 ($130 and then $20 off for online purchase) before tax with the same kind of deal. 40 breeders for $55 before tax.

Got 2 40 breeders last time they went on sale. The new tanks are going on 5 ft tall stands so the shorter height of the breeder tanks and wider footprint worked well.

Now to get them painted and insulated and then get some fish.......

Troy

Real Name
    Brian

Default Re: Petco Tank Sale

Now you know I don't have room for more tanks but thanks for teasing me anyway

I saw someone in my area selling an old 75g tank for $250. On this sale, Petco has a brand new on for $109. Not bad!!

Quote Originally Posted by troyclark View Post
    Just wanted to remind everyone that Petco is having their Aqueon tank sale right now. I just picked up a 60 gallon breeder (had never seen the 60 breeder before) for $80 bucks for my anticipated return to the hobby. On sale for $99 then an additional 20% off if bought online to pick up in store. 75 gallon tanks for $110 ($130 and then $20 off for online purchase) before tax with the same kind of deal. 40 breeders for $55 before tax.

Got 2 40 breeders last time they went on sale. The new tanks are going on 5 ft tall stands so the shorter height of the breeder tanks and wider footprint worked well.

Now to get them painted and insulated and then get some fish.......

Troy
    Thanks Troy!

I have a love hate relationship with Petco's tank sales.. I hate when I find out they are running them, because I love when they are running them, perhaps a bit too much@!

al
    AquaticSuppliers.comFoods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Ed

Thanks...I would have never even looked lol. Got two 40 g breeders for $108

I took advantage of the 20% off and free shipping from PetSmart and ordered a acrylic 125 gallon long. All my other tanks come from a Petco sale event, this is my first acrylic.
    Just Call Me Chuck

Disclaimer : I am an old man and all this information is from the top of my head so any mistakes noted I claim the 5th

Quote Originally Posted by Charlyc11 View Post
    I took advantage of the 20% off and free shipping from PetSmart and ordered a acrylic 125 gallon long. All my other tanks come from a Petco sale event, this is my first acrylic.
    NICE CHUCK!!! Future Discus Tank I hope?

al
    AquaticSuppliers.comFoods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Registered Member

I have a mostly hate with our petco's. They do not offer or carry tanks larger than a 40 breeder. I've heard folks in larger cities getting 75,90 and 125 gallon tanks during this deal. Unfortunately ours will not even entertain the thought of a tank transfer from one of those stores that carry them.
    ☹️

That's my intentions. Tom (Iminit) has been helping out with wet/dry sump for it and overflow.
    Just Call Me Chuck

Disclaimer : I am an old man and all this information is from the top of my head so any mistakes noted I claim the 5th