ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: 300 gallon Discus Tank journal

Registered Member

Default 300 gallon Discus Tank journal

Hey all. I’m currently in the process of setting up my 300 gallon peninsula discus tank. It’s 8 feet long, 30” deep and 23” tall. Currently I have to replace some of the trim and repaint since the stand wouldn’t fit down my stairs so had to dismantle it a bit. This tank will be a work in progress since I still need to build a custom sump for it. I have a really nice piece of large driftwood that will be put on the far right of the tank with lots of Java fern and crypts attached to the wood and rocks along with Anubis and other non stem plants. I will be doing a thin layer of ADA sand to give it a really nice clean look. I don’t want to add too much since I want the discus to be the main focal point. A group of some type of tetras will be added as well along with a few stingrays.

As for the sump id be open to hear anyone’s advice on how I should go about setting that up. I’m a bit newer with sump builds. The tank has an overflow and dual return.

Real Name
    Brian

Default Re: 300 gallon Discus Tank journal

This is going to be interesting. Sorry I can't help with sumps, but I look forward to your build!!

Real Name
    Francis

Amazing high tech sump…..The super modern spilt tool system sump with English subtitles.

https://youtu.be/Ei_YygD6XQ0
    Grasshopper
    Francis

Registered Member

That sump is absolutely ridiculous. His rimless tank alone for that sump is worth a ton alone. Unreal setup but looking to do something more straight forward haha.

Quote Originally Posted by seanyuki View Post
    Amazing high tech sump…..The super modern spilt tool system sump with English subtitles.

https://youtu.be/Ei_YygD6XQ0