AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: 125 Gallon Acrylic project.

Default Re: 125 Gallon Acrylic project.

Well that one batch of eggs did not work out so I moved the pair to the 125. Now the switch mates and they spawned on the filter. I moved them to another tank and the eggs to straight RO with MB and a air stone. I will try to see if the eggs survive and then give them back. No idea if they will accept them back. I have done this with my rams and never a problem.

20230915_144625.jpg

20230915_184041.jpg
    Last edited by Charlyc11; 09-15-2023 at 07:28 PM.
    Just Call Me Chuck

Disclaimer : I am an old man and all this information is from the top of my head so any mistakes noted I claim the 5th

Its been a little more than 48 hrs and less 24 hrs back with the parents and so far so good. Would you say it's a small spawn or average? I might have lost some removing the filter from the community tank, dropped it to the bottom of the tank when pulling off the head
    (hard to do things in the tank with my left hand only) . I would appreciate some feedback I have plenty of experience with rams none with discus.

20230917_102835.jpg
    Last edited by Charlyc11; 09-17-2023 at 10:46 AM.
    Just Call Me Chuck

Disclaimer : I am an old man and all this information is from the top of my head so any mistakes noted I claim the 5th

Chuck its a small spawn but will be great practice for you here. 30-40 fry is alot easier than 100 plus fry to grow out.

Al
    AquaticSuppliers.comFoods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Real Name
    Tom

Spawn looks about normal. They should be wigglers soon.

Just Call Me Chuck

Real Name
    Tom

Great pictures! All your fish look more colorful! Not sure if it’s the camera or your water but they look great! Bosemani has really colored up!

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Jim

Tank and stand both look amazing. Acrylic tanks scratch but not that easily. I had a 240 gallon for almost 30 years with no scratches. May i ask what you paid for the tank? I had a neighbors 80' tree fall on my 240 and i think it may be beyond repair.

Registered Member + MVP danotaylor's Avatar
    Real Name
    Daniel

Beautiful! Really stunning discus. Are they L046 Zebra plec's?

Real Name
    Tom

Omg Jim sorry to hear about your tank! That was a beautiful tank with the etching on the back! What a shame! Hey if interested I’ve got some baby bosemani rainbows, gold rams and bushy nose plecos if you’re interested. Jim if interested in acrylic there are a few on marketplace now. How big are you looking for?

Quote Originally Posted by jpm995 View Post
    Tank and stand both look amazing. Acrylic tanks scratch but not that easily. I had a 240 gallon for almost 30 years with no scratches. May i ask what you paid for the tank? I had a neighbors 80' tree fall on my 240 and i think it may be beyond repair.
    I got the 125 G at Petsmart on sale 20% off and they go down to 40% off at times. Mine was $1100 plus tax but I bought a used 90 gallon same Clear for Life for $300 on the FB Market Place in great condition.

Quote Originally Posted by danotaylor View Post
    Beautiful! Really stunning discus. Are they L046 Zebra plec's?
    Yes, 10 L046's about a year and half old.
    Last edited by Charlyc11; 01-22-2024 at 12:24 PM.
    Just Call Me Chuck

Zebra town everybody wants to be there. A corner in my 125 G tank.

20240308_191354.jpg
    Just Call Me Chuck

Registered Member + MVP danotaylor's Avatar
    Real Name
    Daniel

Such cool looking plecos. These guys remind me of my Australian rules footy team, Collingwood, they have a black & white striped jersey. Aussie Aussie aussie

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Chuck, I walked thru this whole thread. Awesome projects and fish. You do nice work on the stand and the whole fish room. All the tanks and fish look wonderful. Also I am with you on the "Clear for Life" tanks. I bought a 180 in 1986 and bought it back with me to Florida in 1994. It sat idle for a bit while we redid the back porch which have been enclosed and had a small room built for the tank with a sink. That room served as a divider between the family room area and a study for Tom. When we sold that house the tank stayed. I think it is still in use.
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Quote Originally Posted by Second Hand Pat View Post
    Chuck, I walked thru this whole thread. Awesome projects and fish. You do nice work on the stand and the whole fish room. All the tanks and fish look wonderful. Also I am with you on the "Clear for Life" tanks. I bought a 180 in 1986 and bought it back with me to Florida in 1994. It sat idle for a bit while we redid the back porch which have been enclosed and had a small room built for the tank with a sink. That room served as a divider between the family room area and a study for Tom. When we sold that house the tank stayed. I think it is still in use.
    Pat
    Nice I like the clear for life they are so neat. What part of Florida your at Pat? We are about to put our condo on the market in Ormond Beach by the sea and this year will be (we hope if it sells) the last time I go to the condo. My wife will be going to arrange for new carpeting this month.
    Just Call Me Chuck

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

I live in a rural settlement area in South East Orlando Chuck. When we moved here the nearest grocery store was 12 miles away. Now we are surrounded by people and traffic. It's horrible and the City of Orlando is just across the lake now. Real Estate in Fla is nuts, you should be able to do well with your condo Chuck.
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast