Registered Member
    Real Name
    Kyle

Default Re: Any help appreciated

Update:
    Day two of being in a hospital tank and this is what we have
    IMG_2592.jpg
    IMG_2595.jpg
    You’ll notice in this tank the fin rot is much more pronounced, now I’m able to see all her injuries and ailments all the better. Thanks Al for the suggestion of moving her to her own tank. I have not been getting pictures of the levels in this tank but the ammonia is reading 0.25, nitrites are 0 and the nitrates are 5 . Her overall attitude in this tank by herself is good, she’s swimming about and to me her color looks a little rough under this new lighting.

Here is my new concern, she has just this morning gone from all white thin stringy excrement to no there is some yellow in there. I caught a picture of when the excrement actually transitioned to this color:
    IMG_2603.jpg
    The only thing I’ve changed is all my LPS have run out of sulfaplex so I’ve moved on to prazipro.
    She is in a 36 gallon with plenty of aeration that I do 60% water changes on currently because of the position of the heaters. I plan on sliding the heaters more horizontal on the back wall to allow me to take the water closer to a 90% change like I was doing in the community tank when I was treating it.

The prazipro is calling for 1 teaspoon per 20 gallons so she is getting roughly 1.25 teaspoons of prazipro with the usual dosage of metroplex on top of it (3.5 scoops). I’ve also been adding some aquarium salt (7 tablespoons premixed in a jar of her water) after changing the water to help the heavy breathing and healing.

Is the yellow excrement a sign she’s moving to the next step of healing and getting better or is it a sign she is getting worse ? Any advice or comments are always welcomed and appreciated.
    "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something. Those who don't know must learn from those that do. " - Plato

Default Re: Any help appreciated

Kyle,
    Often yellow feces is a sign of capillaria worms..these are identified with a microscooe by their barrel shaped eggs. I Dont know if thats an issue here because prazi is supposed to treat capillaria. I lean more towards an internal.infection. if you go back to the last pics..I marked a swelling on the fish. It could very well be both with worms being your root cause... it would help explain the fin erosion.

I Would keep the salt in you have but limit it to 1 tablespoon per 10 gals ... and add 1 tablespoon per 5 gals epsom salt..magnesium sulfate ..found at drug stores as a laxative.. get plain.. unscented.

The epsom salt should help flush out that yellow junk... no need to predissolve ..just dump it in the tank.

Maintain that epsom salt a few days.

Al
    Last edited by brewmaster15; 08-19-2023 at 10:45 AM.
    AquaticSuppliers.comFoods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123