AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: Hello Simply Discus PPL :)

Real Name
    Ricardo

Default Hello Simply Discus PPL :)

Hello all,

many of you might not know me but I've been on and off this forum for many many years now. I happened to come back to SD today due to some random instance and texted Al and Pat while at it lol. I just wanted to say hello and see who was around.

Would love it if you guys can drop some links to some cool threads on the forum for build projects or beautiful setups for me to check out. My discus journey has been a rollercoaster and I've always loved to give as much as I take from this forum. I've gone to NADA events and have been the photographer in a few. I see a banner I worked on still here on the site which put a smile on my face.

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Also, click here for my 25 group of discus grow out thread

http://i3.cpcache.com/product/162117...ht=75&width=75
    Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Default Re: Hello Simply Discus PPL :)

Hi Rick! It has been a while. Do you currently have fish?

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Love seeing you back here Riccardo Hope you stay awhile!
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Real Name
    Frank

Welcome back. When I first arrived here I saw and read many of your posts.

Welcome back, Ricardo. I'll put my thinking cap on and see what I can find for you. To start, you might start searching around for some of Vanman's post. He just set up a new fish room and is purchasing his first fish in over 30 years. There are also some stand builds around but I can't remember who they belong to at the moment.
    Mama Bear

Quote Originally Posted by rickztahone View Post
    Hello all,

many of you might not know me but I've been on and off this forum for many many years now. I happened to come back to SD today due to some random instance and texted Al and Pat while at it lol. I just wanted to say hello and see who was around.

Would love it if you guys can drop some links to some cool threads on the forum for build projects or beautiful setups for me to check out. My discus journey has been a rollercoaster and I've always loved to give as much as I take from this forum. I've gone to NADA events and have been the photographer in a few. I see a banner I worked on still here on the site which put a smile on my face.

Hey Ricardo,

have a look at this set up...

http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showth...us-tank-build/

I wish the OP was still posting I would love to know how it all worked out long term.

al
    AquaticSuppliers.comFoods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Real Name
    Ricardo

Quote Originally Posted by SidJones View Post
    Hi Rick! It has been a while. Do you currently have fish?
    Unfortunately I do not. I explained to Al and Pat that the reason I came back on yesterday was kind of funny. I was on my local Offer Up app and searched "fish tanks" and a picture of a discus happened to come up and wouldn't you know it, it was a picture of one of MY discus in a huge tank setup I had well over 10yrs ago lol. I asked the seller about it (they were selling discus fry) and they said it was a picture they took of their tank. I came on here to see if I could find my pics but dove in to the forum instead per usual haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Second Hand Pat View Post
    Love seeing you back here Riccardo Hope you stay awhile!
    Pat
    I definitely have to catch up with some stuff and see what everyone is raising right now. As you know, turqs were always my thing

Quote Originally Posted by fljones3 View Post
    Welcome back. When I first arrived here I saw and read many of your posts.
    I'm glad some of my stuff is still relevant! I was a mod here as well and I really take it to heart to help the community with my gained knowledge. I never bred discus though which I always saw as a daunting challenge.

Speaking of challenges, have we had any lately?

Quote Originally Posted by LizStreithorst View Post
    Welcome back, Ricardo. I'll put my thinking cap on and see what I can find for you. To start, you might start searching around for some of Vanman's post. He just set up a new fish room and is purchasing his first fish in over 30 years. There are also some stand builds around but I can't remember who they belong to at the moment.
    Hi Liz! let me go check that out! Thank you for the recommendation

Quote Originally Posted by brewmaster15 View Post
    Hey Ricardo,

have a look at this set up...

http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showth...us-tank-build/

I wish the OP was still posting I would love to know how it all worked out long term.

al
    OOOO, let me go look! please keep the suggestions coming! I need my discus fix.

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Hello, Just 2 days back I was reading an old thread here started by you. And was wondering why you don't post here anymore.
    http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showth...ons&highlight=
    Thank you,
    Sandip
    ------------------------------------------------
    Nothing worth doing is ever easy...

Real Name
    Ricardo

Quote Originally Posted by Sandip View Post
    Hello, Just 2 days back I was reading an old thread here started by you. And was wondering why you don't post here anymore.
    http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showth...ons&highlight=
    Loved doing stuff like that in that thread! I’m such a diy person. Thanks for linking that and putting a smile on my face down memory lane

Cafepress.com