AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: Is it really like riding a bicycle??????

Default Is it really like riding a bicycle??????

Well, I want everyone to know that I was going to sell all my aquarium's and retire from discus altogether. My wife has been wanting meto retire from them for quite awhile, my knee's are going and my back isn't as young as it use to be. So I started to sell off all my stock, I bought a bunch of juvies from Golden State Discus and started to grow them out, but got them to around 5" and decided that I had had enough. Finally, sold most of them off except for a pair of red melon's, then I made a mistake and sold just one half of the pair leaving me with one that i still have but I don't know for how long. It was alone in my 90 gallon for along time with some angels well I sold the angels and all that is left is 1 red melon. It start to not eat and I thought it was going to die, after awhile I said the hell with it and put her in a QT tank 10 gallon and treat with metro. Long story short she's eating again but has film on half of her left eye, granted I'm still only into my sixth day of treating but no change to the eye as yet.
    So treating this discus so it wouldn't die started me on a new adventure, I thought well h_ll, I will buy a M/F and force a pair so I set my sites on Chicago Discus and I got to say Miranda there is so nice and patient, so I bought a female Batik Eruption 6" and a Male 6.5" Meteor Eruption got them shipped and put them together and Nada, they got along but no courtship. So after awhile I got ants in the pants and told my wife I was going to take the plunge and buy more discus. Again, I called on Miranda at Chicago Discus this time I bought 5 more this time I got 2 6" Pathera Leopards along with 3 Pathera 6" Snakeskin's. Well, I got them on August 8th and put them altogether and today after their water change they start to pair up. The big Meteor Eruption decided to hook up with a Pathera Snakeskin, they've laid claims to a breeding cone and are protecting it, them at one end and the rest the other side of the tank.
    My new Pair.
    Some of rest of the crew.
    Enjoy Jim in Ohio
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: Is it really like riding a bicycle??????

Jim I am literally laughing my butt off. You went from getting out to getting hooked harder . It happens all the time.. people get out then come back more addicted than before. You got some really nice fish there from Chicago Discus... congrats! Im looking forward to seeing lots of babies!
    Al
    AquaticSuppliers.comFoods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Quote Originally Posted by brewmaster15 View Post
    Jim I am literally laughing my butt off. You went from getting out to getting hooked harder . It happens all the time.. people get out then come back more addicted than before. You got some really nice fish there from Chicago Discus... congrats! Im looking forward to seeing lots of babies!
    Al
    Thanks Al, having fun all over again!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyjoe View Post
    Thanks Al, having fun all over again!!!!!!
    Well, it happened! They laid a big patch of eggs, but I'm afraid I had not gotten their tank ready so I'm gonna watch to see how they take care of the eggs. I think since it's there first time, the male didn't look like he covered the eggs like I would have liked. I also have a second pair I'm gonna get their tank ready and see what happens when I put them in their new home. Jim in Ohio
    Attached Images Attached Images

Fish keeping is an addiction. You cannot get out.
    Technological advances and easier availability of equipment has made maintenance easier thank what it was 20 years ago.
    By the way, you have beautiful fishes there.
    Thank you,
    Sandip
    ------------------------------------------------
    Nothing worth doing is ever easy...