AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: Rest in Piece Jimmy Buffett..

Default Rest in Piece Jimmy Buffett..

Read today that Jimmy Buffett passed away. One of my favorite musicians. His music was just so easy going,carefree, and enjoyable.. Took me to a better place when ever I listened to it. Sad to see he passed away..Thankfully he left his fans a legacy of music. Hope he is sipping on a margarita right now somewhere better.

Al
    AquaticSuppliers.comFoods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Registered Member

Default Re: Rest in Piece Jimmy Buffett..

His songs were so calming and relaxing.

Registered Member

Long live us parrotheads. RIP JB.
    JAY

Real Name
    Brian

He was one of my favorites as well, up there with Tom Petty. If you don't have it already, Boats, Beaches, Bars & Ballads is an awesome 4 CD (or whatever the new format of choice is) collection of his songs. Barometer Soup is another great collection.

Real Name
    Tom

Great fun musician! Hope he’s eating his cheeseburger in paradise. RIP!!

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Kyle

I may be young but my parents were a part of the Detroit Parrot Head Club here in Michigan and I was considered an honorary “parakeet”.

The parrot head club was, what they called, a group of experienced drinkers looking for a good time that started as a Jimmy buffet fan group. They would go to concerts ,go camping, tailgating and even organize charity events with local artists like Caribbean Blue.

Through these events I was able to meet amazing artists like Uncle Crackers lead Guitarist to name one.

As a parakeet of the parrots in charge of organizing these tropical events for the club to enjoy I got exposed to tropical music . I to this day believe that the music is what brought all those people together and brought a little bit of joy in an otherwise monotonous life.

The island music led me to look for my own slice of paradise where the weathers warm and the waters are calm. It’s funny how something so small in the past can affect your future. I found my slice of calm warm waters in Discus.

Rest in peace to a man whose music could not only make you dance, but whose storytelling could also make you cry from laughing.
    "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something. Those who don't know must learn from those that do. " - Plato

About 5 years ago I went surfing two days before hurricane here in Charleston and I vividly remember when I got out of water and walk down the beach to get to my truck, I saw an old man that made me think one of the most strange stuff I've ever had which was damn I hope I look half as good as him when I'm at age. It was Jimmy buffett. He had such a rich, natural tan and he was also getting out of the water which made his blonde hair like gold with the late afternoon sun. I saw a new experience of people go up to him and wondered who the hell it was. I was wondering if somebody would steal his board since she had a beautiful politely dark cherry longboard, with extremely pale thin pinstripes on either side of the stringer, with a hot glass coating. He talked with everyone and was just a happy dude and he can tell he enjoyed life whether you knew who he was or not. I knew who Jimmy Buffett was and knew what he looked like, but I didn't realize it was actually him until the same person had appeared on the news. He genuinely had a good time with everyone talking with him and surrendered his privacy. To me, hearing of his passing was different than hearing of other celebrities' passing because of that encounter -- my stomach did drop a little and I did feel a sense of something missing that we need today just as much as any other day.

Cheers, Mr. Buffet... enjoy your cheeseburger in paradise, but save some Holy Margaritas & frenchfries for my fat a-- when I get there!
    -Elliot