ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: Not new to forum but back after a long break

Real Name
    Scott Winefka

Default Not new to forum but back after a long break

I am glad to be back!!! I have been on here a long time ago but forgot my user name and password so I had to create a new one. I was heavily into discus and had a pretty big setup but had to quit the hobby because life got busy with kids and life. But now that the kids are older and out of the house and life has become less hectic I can get back into the discus hobby again that I love so much. I will be starting from scratch again with discus but it will be a fun journey since I had been in the hobby for 30 years prior to this.

Real Name
    Tom

Default Re: Not new to forum but back after a long break

Welcome back! Ask questions. Were you keeping other fish while away or stopped altogether?

Real Name
    Scott Winefka

Yes I was breeding show guppies which I am still doing but going to stop doing them for my discus again. Currently I have 21 tanks of show guppies so I am still busy with water changes and all the other fun stuff.

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Ed

Welcome back! I did the same thing a few months ago

Quote Originally Posted by Discus Fever View Post
    Yes I was breeding show guppies which I am still doing but going to stop doing them for my discus again. Currently I have 21 tanks of show guppies so I am still busy with water changes and all the other fun stuff.
    Thats awesome. I love guppies! It always reminds of how I got introduced to fishkeeping and aquariums.
    Please share pictures of those beautiful tanks here.
    Thank you,
    Sandip
    ------------------------------------------------
    Nothing worth doing is ever easy...

Real Name
    Scott Winefka

Quote Originally Posted by Sandip View Post
    Thats awesome. I love guppies! It always reminds of how I got introduced to fishkeeping and aquariums.
    Please share pictures of those beautiful tanks here.
    When I have a chance I will post some pictures

Registered Member

I am glad to be back!!! I have been on here a long time ago but forgot my user name and password so I had to create a new one. I was heavily into discus and had a pretty big setup but had to quit the hobby because life got busy with kids and life. But now that the kids are older and out of the house and life has become less hectic I can get back into the discus hobby again that I love so much. I will be starting from scratch again with discus but it will be a fun journey since I had been in the hobby for 30 years prior to this.
    funny you say that as I'm balancing a 1 and 3 year old (having a lot of time at home) which is partially why I got into the hobby. Will be interesting to see how this progresses but 6 months in and enjoying it

Real Name
    Scott Winefka

Quote Originally Posted by smhan1 View Post
    funny you say that as I'm balancing a 1 and 3 year old (having a lot of time at home) which is partially why I got into the hobby. Will be interesting to see how this progresses but 6 months in and enjoying it
    Yes I use to breed discus back in the mid 90's and just now getting back into it. I am looking forward to getting back into it, like a little kid in a candy store. LOL I have to wait until the end of October to purchase any discus because my wife and I leave for vacation on the 27th of this month for 18 days so I am tortured with having to wait to make my first purchase of discus until then.

Yes I use to breed discus back in the mid 90's and just now getting back into it. I am looking forward to getting back into it, like a little kid in a candy store. LOL I have to wait until the end of October to purchase any discus because my wife and I leave for vacation on the 27th of this month for 18 days so I am tortured with having to wait to make my first purchase of discus until then.
    Scott, most of the good sellers of discus like our Sponsors here bring fish in on a monthly basis and sell out fairly fast. If you are interested in anything in particular It would be a good idea to contact the seller ahead of time.

Hth,
    Al
    AquaticSuppliers.comFoods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Real Name
    Scott Winefka

Quote Originally Posted by brewmaster15 View Post
    Scott, most of the good sellers of discus like our Sponsors here bring fish in on a monthly basis and sell out fairly fast. If you are interested in anything in particular It would be a good idea to contact the seller ahead of time.

Hth,
    Al
    Thanks Al, that was definitely my plan for sure.