AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: Delicious Korean chicken wings !

Default Delicious Korean chicken wings !

Quite by accident recently, I ran into a number of recipes on the net for Korean chicken wings using Korean Gochujang paste, which is described as fabulous-tasting, and can be used to really flavor up many dishes.
    I'd never heard of it but after reading the many raves about this paste and sauces made with it, on a couple of U.S. restaurants specializing in chicken wings, I thought I had to try it !

Any of you ever heard of it ? I learned it's available here at a Korean supermarket store called HMart, so I'm going out to buy some today. I love chicken wings, so I can't pass this up - Patrons at some of Guy Fieri 's Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives restaurant shows say Korean chicken wings made with Gochujang are far superior tasting than many other types of very popular chicken wing glazes/marinades, surpassing even Jamaican jerk chicken wings!

In addition to it's umami, here's some of it's many health benefits as well, as quoted on the net.

"In addition to being a delicious ingredient, gochujang also has some health benefits. It is packed with vitamins and minerals, including vitamin B2, vitamin C, and iron. It also contains capsaicin, which is a compound that has been shown to boost metabolism and reduce inflammation".

P.S. Check out Korean Chicken Wings recipes on the net - you'll find quite a few made with Gochujang.
    Last edited by discuspaul; 09-09-2023 at 08:58 AM.

Registered Member

Default Re: Delicious Korean chicken wings !

Sounds delicious with some soju.

Real Name
    Willie

Korean chicken wings is a pretty hot item throughout Asia. I've never had them in the home country, but have enjoyed them in Singapore, Malaysia and Taiwan. Here's what I can tell you based on taste.

1. They are marinated prior to cooking.
    2. They are fried twice.

Not sure we're talking about the same recipe, but that was my take on it. Two Korean chicken wing chains have popped up in the US (one is Bochon), neither of which meets the standard of authority. Very much like the following quote:

Quote Originally Posted by discuspaul View Post
    "In addition to being a delicious ingredient, gochujang also has some health benefits. It is packed with vitamins and minerals, including vitamin B2, vitamin C, and iron. It also contains capsaicin, which is a compound that has been shown to boost metabolism and reduce inflammation".
    The same could be said for anything spicy.
    At my age, everything is irritating.

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Jiseok Jung

I would recommend Soysauce version too which is one of my favorite. (And many other Koreans too)

Also try it with some nice beer then Soju, Most of people enjoy it with beer and call it "Chi-Mac".
    Because Korean beers are not very good, my favorite pairing was Stella artois or Suntory Premium malt.

Well, I made my first batch of Korean chicken wings covered with a sauce made with Gochunjang paste ( pronouced like:"Gochunyang"}, and I'm hooked !

I've tried numerous chicken wing recipes over the years, and can corroborate and attest with pleasure to the marvelous taste ravings of many regarding this Korean paste.

This will no doubt become my #1 go-to recipe for wings from here on out !