ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dan's Fish and discus

Real Name
    Tom

Default Re: Dan's Fish and discus

Yet another Father fish!! Utube the worst advice possible!! But the Facebook generation eat it up! What bothers me the most is the terrible fish these guys are showing. It’s saying to any discus keeper “I have no clue”. Also says the only discus I’ve ever seen were in my local pet store. It’s like they never even researched discus before they turned on the camera. Got to wonder if dans got no fish cause all his died off.

Real Name
    Jacob

Default Re: Dan's Fish and discus

Dan from Dan's Fish actually seems like a good and knowledgeable guy, but not with discus. What's weird to me is... why...? Why bother bringing in something touchy and niche when there's so many other options out there? Now, I know that there's probably something to be said for being the guy you can buy a bunch of rare-er fish from AND discus, but who is even asking for that? Facebook and YouTube and Forums are full of people showing off really sad looking discus. Mostly I just cringe. There was a guy on another forum that got a group of Stendkers from Hans about a month before I got mine. Same starting size and his basically hadn't grown when mine had reached 5". Recently he mentioned that his got HITH. None of that is surprising. It is pretty sad to see what people consider "good" for fish. Not just discus, either.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123