AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: face down discus

Registered Member

Default Re: face down discus

Quote Originally Posted by Iminit View Post
    Ok I’m sorry lub0 but you’ve got to understand to me what you’re saying doesn’t make sense. I keep and have kept planted tanks. They’re not easy. There’s a balance between the water and the plants. Some ferts are needed sometimes not. A lot has to do with lighting and the amount of fish. If the pothos is removing too much nitrate remove the pothos. But I don’t think that’s the problem. I thinking your lighting is either on too long or the intensity is way to high. High intense lighting needs CO2. I would never recomended CO2 with discus. Unless you really know your Co2. Dail down the lighting and your plant should do better.

Discus and plants are a tough combo. Just not meant to be. Discus need clean water plants like nitrates. To make this work you have to stay on top of the tank. Vacume the substrate at every 50% water change you do twice or more a week. Yes there are so many on Facebook say that’s not true. They say it for a few months and then disappear. Or when they put up pictures of their tanks they’re all new discus in the tank. For a planted discus tank with substrate there can only be a few discus in large 90g or bigger tanks.

So I’m sorry about coming after you like you were a troll. But I read this all the time. You’ve been here since 02. This site isn’t Facebook. All anyone says here is clean water = healthy discus. Thing is these fish can take a very long time to die. They can be sick for months and if you’re not constantly looking you can easily miss something. 9 out of 10 times it’s a water problem.
    Thanks Tom and I am glad we are friends again :-)

My lighting schedule is M-F 7:30 till 16:30 and S-S 8:30-13:30 & 15:00 - 20:00. The light intensity in at 7 I believe, but will lower down to half as the plans I have left in the tank are all low light...

Homesteader
    Real Name
    Bathi

what happened ? Currently, I am facing the same issue. Already doing the same treatment. I am using 1 tablespoon for the 30-gallon.

Homesteader
    Real Name
    Bathi

what happened ? Currently, I am facing the same issue. Already doing the same treatment. I am using 1 tablespoon for the 30-gallon.

Quote Originally Posted by Bathi View Post
    1 tablespoon per 10 gals is a more effective dose,IME.
    AquaticSuppliers.comFoods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Homesteader
    Real Name
    Bathi

Quote Originally Posted by brewmaster15 View Post
    1 tablespoon per 10 gals is a more effective dose,IME.
    Planning seperat the fish and doing this. If currant method is not working,

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bathi View Post
    Hi Bathi, I am sorry to hear, for me the Epsom salt did not help in lower dosage, I have other discus in the same tank spawning, so I have to move out the pair and will move out this fish as well to a separate tank and try with more Epsom and meds, but watching Cary Strong and Tammy Kuilderd, they said head standing discus almost impossible to cure, unless it is a simple bloating, so I don't have much hope...

Homesteader
    Real Name
    Bathi

Quote Originally Posted by lub0 View Post
    Hi Bathi, I am sorry to hear, for me the Epsom salt did not help in lower dosage, I have other discus in the same tank spawning, so I have to move out the pair and will move out this fish as well to a separate tank and try with more Epsom and meds, but watching Cary Strong and Tammy Kuilderd, they said head standing discus almost impossible to cure, unless it is a simple bloating, so I don't have much hope...
    Keep updating us.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12