AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: Hello Everyone

Registered Member

Default Hello Everyone

I am returning to keeping Discus after a 15 year break during which I changed to keeping a pond full of Koi Carp.

I never lost the Discus bug though and here I am again!! I have been re-researching the hobby recently and can't believe how much things have changed over the last 15 years with technological advancements although the basics remain comfortingly unchanged.

I am looking to set up a 5 foot long x 2ft high x 1'6' wide living room display tank with substrate, Azalea Root and lava rock decor and containing live plants, a group of a dozen 4/5" Stendker Discus with some companion Tetras, Corys and Dwarf Plecos.

I look forward to joining in forum discussions and expand my knowledge of current Discus husbandry.

Many thanks

Paul

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Default Re: Hello Everyone

Hi Paul and welcome to the forum Sounds like a nice tank and looking forward to pictures. If you are in the US Stendker discus are not available in the US to my knowledge. Not sure about elsewhere.
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Real Name
    Tom

Welcome Paul. I’ve got your tankE88F4460-0976-43AA-AB8A-CA5AE77F0337.jpg . Good luck and remember to put up pictures and ask questions. As stated Stendker closed shop.

Real Name
    Jake

Welcome to the forum Paul - looking forward to the discussions you bring and following your journey!

Welcome to the forum, today Stendker Discus only available from https://stendkerdiscususa.com/ Hans stopped selling German Stendker since they stopped breeding in Germany. Price is way over the top. Better buying from some of our sponsors here.
    Last edited by Charlyc11; 10-16-2023 at 09:18 AM.
    Just Call Me Chuck

Disclaimer : I am an old man and all this information is from the top of my head so any mistakes noted I claim the 5th

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iminit View Post
    Welcome Paul. I’ve got your tankE88F4460-0976-43AA-AB8A-CA5AE77F0337.jpg . Good luck and remember to put up pictures and ask questions. As stated Stendker closed shop.
    Thanks for the welcome. Yours is a lovely set up with stunning fish.

Could I please ask - if your tank is the same size as mine - what temperature do you keep in the tank and what wattage of heaters do you use please?

On the Stendker Discus subject - I am UK based and there are a couple of Discus Dealers over here who have obtained the Stendker breeding pairs and are continuing the breeding of Stendker Discus in the UK.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by Second Hand Pat View Post
    Hi Paul and welcome to the forum Sounds like a nice tank and looking forward to pictures. If you are in the US Stendker discus are not available in the US to my knowledge. Not sure about elsewhere.
    Pat
    Thank you for the welcome.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by Charlyc11 View Post
    Welcome to the forum, today Stendker Discus only available from https://stendkerdiscususa.com/ Hans stopped selling German Stendker since they stopped breeding in Germany. Price is way over the top. Better buying from some of our sponsors here.
    Thank you.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by AquaticNerd View Post
    Welcome to the forum Paul - looking forward to the discussions you bring and following your journey!
    Thank you.

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Malcolm McGilvray

Welcome, I just joined today.