AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Did you know we are one of the last?

Default Re: Did you know we are one of the last?

Quote Originally Posted by Iminit View Post
    Ok since you’re thinking of updating the site . Can you do something with picture downloading. As you know I know how to but it’s a pita. Only one at a time. Come on I need more!! Most of us can’t read and only look at pictures . Yes better and more up to dated emojis! Oh and easier downloading of videos! And last but not least the PM board needs to be in this type of format. Not where you have to start a new message every time you talk to the same person and also be able to download pics in pm. Yes I know it can be done but I believe it takes 25 steps and all done while hopping on one foot and your nose pointed at meca! (would have used a different emoji here)! Oh and Al you are great! And thanks for keeping the forum!,
    I will add these to the list of things members want.
    Thanks
    AquaticSuppliers.comFoods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

We would not want to lose the good stuff that's why I mention VB6.
    Just Call Me Chuck

Disclaimer : I am an old man and all this information is from the top of my head so any mistakes noted I claim the 5th

I know.. and thats why I looked at it too. .. problem with Vb is its not what it once was and its been pretty heavily criticized.. but I take the criticism with a grain of salt as its mostly by people that are fans of someother forum software or social media platform.

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I used the software so I am a fan of VB from long ago and I only stopped using it when I took down my server at home and google was more confinement for my personal photos. I have a lot of family in South America (Argentina) that loved to chat an post. Now with FB they all went there.

Quote Originally Posted by brewmaster15 View Post
    I know.. and thats why I looked at it too. .. problem with Vb is its not what it once was and its been pretty heavily criticized.. but I take the criticism with a grain of salt as its mostly by people that are fans of someother forum software or social media platform.
    Just Call Me Chuck

Disclaimer : I am an old man and all this information is from the top of my head so any mistakes noted I claim the 5th

Registered Member

"all forums are becoming less active. Social Media like FB, Instagram, twitter and new age forums like reddit has gained ground and taken over these days."

This ^^^^ many have migrated

Sad actually as I refuse to be on any of that crap.

Personally I love the VB boards. My Polk Audio forum went to Vanilla and it is a train wreck. It has constantly went off the rails and needed fixed.
    Last edited by pitdogg2; 10-31-2023 at 11:10 AM.

Vb may be our best option...from a practical and safe upgrade with no data and image loss. I have to research more.

al

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

the kids i know are over reddit already, a functional board like this format can have staying power

Real Name
    Willie

Quote Originally Posted by Bathi View Post
    In reality, all forums are coming to an end.. It's because the younger generation isn't participating in forums.
    These days, people are so busy that they prefer quick mobile access. Compared to forums, social media and instant messaging apps are easier to use on a mobile device and make sharing posts easier.
    I share this fear. I've been working to redo the website for Minnesota Aquarium Society and want to add a forum feature. The club is thriving with 350+ members. But we have a FB site which is open to everyone and it pulled in 2,000+ participants in 6 months. Just us Boomers still go to a specific site, click on the sub-forums, read messages and respond to them. I worry that relying on a website and a forum is actually off putting to potential younger aquarists. Most people who still check FB are in their 50's, so we're missing out on a huge audience.
    At my age, everything is irritating.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345