AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Red Ica's from Pingco's

Real Name
    Julian

Default Re: Red Ica's from Pingco's

Quote Originally Posted by brewmaster15 View Post
    Amen! Aint that the truth. Everytime you feel on top of your game it reminds you that the challenge is still there.

Can you screen the pair on one side of the 29 gal and put another discus in on the other side. It sometimes works if the pair has a common enemy.. not always though.. I recently had a pair form between the new comer and one of the pair.. it was like watching a prison scene where they are on different sides of the bars. Go figure.
    Thanks Al
    I will definitely do that , have a perfect piece of plexiglass with one inch wholes for circulation that should do the trick.
    Breeding , interest and goals Wilds Heckels and Cuipeuas and a few Domestics pairs with occasional fry as well as Angels fancy Plecos , corys and shrimps.

Registered Member

Beautiful Discus!

Real Name
    Julian

Well I thought will give an update on this young possible pair , they have been a few more spawns, now they become eggs eaters an also think the prospective male is not doing his job , not completely discourage yet as I have seen this happens on proven pair that have raised fry, sometimes the male is not in the mood as the female spawns to frequently. So anyway I will let nature take his course and focus more in my other two pairs,
    Here are some pics from the couple of failed spawns.
    First one I follow Al's advice about the partition and common enemy , that is when they decide to start eating caviar.
    090A2416-204B-4C42-B703-D278636031AF.jpeg
    8066F03E-6EA0-45C2-BCFD-1210D1F31D50.jpeg
    Here with egg protection not fertilize eggs this time . They did have a couple more spawn after but I playing the I don't care with them they eat the eggs ussually the second day before the could be any wrigglers If they were fertile of course, now I just want them to do it natural if is going to be , is going to be.
    A529E598-4CCB-4BA2-A83A-EE2919366158.jpeg
    Last edited by Pardal; 12-09-2023 at 07:05 PM.
    Breeding , interest and goals Wilds Heckels and Cuipeuas and a few Domestics pairs with occasional fry as well as Angels fancy Plecos , corys and shrimps.

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Matthew Peter Brown

Quote Originally Posted by Pardal View Post
    I received these two beautiful fish On October 4th from Ping at Pingco's ,Seems that we have a possible pair yesterday was their second spawn , first time they didn't have the right water , just straight tap water. now the water is not ideal but they seem to be holding well , no white eggs day 2. They are not that big specially the female she is just under 5" but they are beautiful anyway.
    Is the female in the front?.In front pic.
    Last edited by Red Eye.; 12-18-2023 at 06:20 AM.

Real Name
    Julian

In the first post, first pic , yes she is.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12