AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: Get ready to be Bribed!

Default Get ready to be Bribed!

What??????!@!! ''Get ready to be Bribed!' What the heck is he talking about you might ask? Simple really. We want to see your fish pics and vids. The mods, admins, and I figure if we can't get you to post them with all the badgering we do, we will just move on to plan B... B as in "BRIBERY"

We will be running a contest here along the same lines as this one..http://forum.simplydiscus.com/forumd...-Story-Contest

We have already lined up a bunch of prizes including at least $200 cash, generously donated by Pat and Jake of our management team. In addition if fry cooperate other team members are going to offer up fry. I will be offering Freeze Dried Blackworms as well as trying to stir up some other prizes.

The Rules will be the same as last time

From last contest
    This contest is a classic story book contest. The goal is for members to share their fish keeping stories and hobby with fellow hobbyists here over a 3 month time period. SimplyDiscus will create a special forum section for this to occur in. A member may start up to 3 threads that follow a particular tank of fish they keep It can be Discus or non Discus but must be Fresh water. It can be a grow out tank, a breeding pair, planted or invertebrate tank. It can also be an experimental tank where you are doing something different. There is no set posting requirements but understand that the more you post the better the chance you will win as the contest will be judged by the forum members based on how interesting, informative or just plan cool it is. Basically members will pick the winners by who has shared their hobby best. At judging time we provide some general guidelines for what members should consider.

There is no cost to enter. There will be cash prizes and international members are encouraged to participate. The prize can be sent via paypal or wired.

Prizes to date...

First place $200.00 USD
    Second place ??????USD

More Prizes will be added.

The Rules:
    1) No off site linked images. You must use the forum software to post the pictures.This will ensure we have this contest saved on our server.
    2) You are allowed 1 video per week, a maximum of 8 Videos total . You do not need to use Videos at all
    3) Discussions are encouraged, you must be willing to respond to inquiries
    4) You are allowed up to 3 threads detailing a specific tank of fish. Once a thread is started you can not change it. A member may start up to 3 threads that follow a particular tank of fish they keep It can be Discus or non Discus but must be Fresh water. It can be a grow out tank, a breeding pair, planted or invertebrate tank. It can also be an experimental tank where you are doing something different.
    5) Contest enrollment period is ???????? thru????????. No additional entries can be made after this 1 week window.
    6) You agree by participating in this contest that you will abide by the rules and should there be any issues that arise you accept the forum's decisions in these and contest matters.

Thats It. Its pretty straightforward. If you have any questions, post them here.
    So now the big question is are you going to participate in this contest? We are really hoping that what really amounts to a bribe is enough to get your competitive side fired up.

Now then, Who wants to participate?

al
    Last edited by brewmaster15; 10-30-2023 at 08:43 PM.
    AquaticSuppliers.comFoods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Registered Member

Default Re: Get ready to be Bribed!

Ha! you are talking my language….. I honestly don’t care about the cash, I am looking for some eruption and snakeskin fry from you know who (not going to name any names). Anyways, looking forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by For100 View Post
    Ha! you are talking my language….. I honestly don’t care about the cash, I am looking for some eruption and snakeskin fry from you know who (not going to name any names). Anyways, looking forward to it.
    Glad to hear it! I really hope we have alot of interest. Its something most hobbyists here should have no trouble joining in on. The last contest was alot of fun and we are lucky to have some seriously generous people on the Simply management team.

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I want to help with the prize as long as that does not disqualify me from participating.
    Thank you,
    Sandip
    ------------------------------------------------
    Nothing worth doing is ever easy...

Quote Originally Posted by Sandip View Post
    I want to help with the prize as long as that does not disqualify me from participating.
    It does not! Thank you!

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

Real Name
    Jacob

I will try to participate! If the prizes don't need to be fish related, I'll donate some jars of honey (I'll drop ship them and will cover shipping). That might get Tom to participate, or get his wife to pressure him to at least.

Quote Originally Posted by jwcarlson View Post
    I will try to participate! If the prizes don't need to be fish related, I'll donate some jars of honey (I'll drop ship them and will cover shipping). That might get Tom to participate, or get his wife to pressure him to at least.
    Awesome Thank you Jacob!

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I should stress this isn't a photo contest everyone, taking awesome pics isn't going to win you the prizes... content and story will . No one should be afraid to enter because they don't take national geographic quality images.

al

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

In order for this contest and others like it to move forward and be successful we really need members to join in. Otherwise they are just no FUN!

So let me reword this...Is there a reason why any of you would not want a chance at winning $200 + dollars cash or possibly Discus just by posting pics and talking about your hobby?

Maybe I come from a different socio-economic back ground but if I had the chance to score $200 cash for relatively little work..I'd be all over that and already talking to our sponsors about my next order

al

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

Me too, Al. If you were to de-modify me, I'd enter in a minute. Come on, folks. Let's get going!
    Mama Bear

Liz I know you suggested I not allow the forum staff to participate but I never did say that I would do that.

Since the forum members actually pick the winners by voting I really don't see any reason why our forum staff should be excluded..

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

Oh Goodie! I just put my number 1 pair back together. Once I see a little flirting I'll start my contest thread. How about you, Al, you in? Brian, how about you? I don't want to be the only one on the team putting it on the line.
    Mama Bear

I don't usually participate but I will be participating Liz, I will be limiting myself to just phone pics to level the picture field as well.

Official rules are posted..
    https://forum.simplydiscus.com/showt...-Story-contest

Threads maybe posted here..
    https://forum.simplydiscus.com/forum...y-contest-2023

This contest is live, Members have until November 17 to enter. Contest ends Feb 3,2024

good luck everyone.

al

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I will participate. I agree to the rules. I will do one thread of my grow-out tank.
    Thank you,
    Sandip
    ------------------------------------------------
    Nothing worth doing is ever easy...

Homesteader
    Real Name
    Bathi

Nice. Actually, I'm planning to share my new low-tech planted discus tank thread. I'll share the thread under this contest.