AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Poltergeists?

Default Poltergeists?

I bet this is a first in the world of fish shipping. I sent one of my repeat customers 4 pairs of black rams and a single female. When the fish arrived yesterday, there was only 1 pair and 1 single in the box. This is a mystery. I have shipped this guy fish many times including 2 $1000. orders. Once, when my computer was down he sent me, free of charge, a brand new, in the box, I Pad. He's a lawyer. He has bags of money. No way he is trying to screw me over.

Of course, I offer live delivery, which includes fish that never arrived at all. I offered a refund or to put his missing fish toward his next box in a month or so. He's not mad at me. He knows I'm not out to cheat him, so he's waiting until my next group of rams is ready.

What do y'all think of this? I don't believe in spooks but I did ship on Halloween.
    Mama Bear

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Gary

Default Re: Poltergeists?

Years ago both FEDEX and UPS started requiring firearms to be shipped overnight. There were too many being stolen by their employees when shipped ground. The real question is what is your customer doing with all of these pairs of Rams?

Did the box look like it was opened?
    Was there extra space in the box were extra fish could fit?
    Did they swim away?
    Did you look in your tank? spooky...Lol funny but not funny..

Quote Originally Posted by LizStreithorst View Post
    I bet this is a first in the world of fish shipping. I sent one of my repeat customers 4 pairs of black rams and a single female. When the fish arrived yesterday, there was only 1 pair and 1 single in the box. This is a mystery. I have shipped this guy fish many times including 2 $1000. orders. Once, when my computer was down he sent me, free of charge, a brand new, in the box, I Pad. He's a lawyer. He has bags of money. No way he is trying to screw me over.

Of course, I offer live delivery, which includes fish that never arrived at all. I offered a refund or to put his missing fish toward his next box in a month or so. He's not mad at me. He knows I'm not out to cheat him, so he's waiting until my next group of rams is ready.

What do y'all think of this? I don't believe in spooks but I did ship on Halloween.
    Just Call Me Chuck

Disclaimer : I am an old man and all this information is from the top of my head so any mistakes noted I claim the 5th

These did go overnight.

Gary, I actually did ask him about that. I give him a very good price, but not good enough for him to resell them and make a profit. I'm sure that he just packs the fish in and waits until they die, then buy more. It's sad, and I certainly would not sell him Discus. But I raise these rams to make a buck while there is still a hot market for them. What he does with them once he has them is none of my business.
    Mama Bear

Real Name
    Jacob

Did you ship a pair and a single to another customer and have they contacted you to tell them they got four pairs?

I'd guess someone took them, which sucks. I'm assuming the box is marked that it's "live fish" and I suppose someone might decide to steal them.

Nope. His was the only order that I shipped.

I read on Aquaboards a while back that as long as the fish are securely packed, it's safer not to mark the box "live fish". Folks have reported boxes kicked in or otherwise abused on boxes that were labeled "live fish". I've had good luck both ways, but this time the box was not marked. I shipped in breather bags so the box didn't even slosh when tossed around.

I guess you've already figured out that this guy is the one you referred to me.
    Mama Bear

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Gary

Have you looked around your house to make sure that they are not there?

mmm. who may that be?
    Sorry Liz sometimes stuff happens and onece that box leaves our hand it's out onto the world until it arrives and we get word.

Nope. His was the only order that I shipped.

I read on Aquaboards a while back that as long as the fish are securely packed, it's safer not to mark the box "live fish". Folks have reported boxes kicked in or otherwise abused on boxes that were labeled "live fish". I've had good luck both ways, but this time the box was not marked. I shipped in breather bags so the box didn't even slosh when tossed around.

I guess you've already figured out that this guy is the one you referred to me.
    Just Call Me Chuck

Disclaimer : I am an old man and all this information is from the top of my head so any mistakes noted I claim the 5th

Quote Originally Posted by Vanman View Post
    Have you looked around your house to make sure that they are not there?
    They went straight from their tanks into the bags and in the box. I see no black rams wandering around the fish room.
    Mama Bear

Quote Originally Posted by Charlyc11 View Post
    mmm. who may that be?
    Sorry Liz sometimes stuff happens and onece that box leaves our hand it's out onto the world until it arrives and we get word.
    I'll pm you his name, if you like. It was a good while back when you referred him to me.

It's just a weird thing. We will never know. Replacing fish is no biggie to me. I'm just glad that he knows me well enough by now to know that I was not trying to pull a fast one.
    Mama Bear

Nope that's ok he is your customer.
    I'll pm you his name, if you like. It was a good while back when you referred him to me.

It's just a weird thing. We will never know. Replacing fish is no biggie to me. I'm just glad that he knows me well enough by now to know that I was not trying to pull a fast one.
    Just Call Me Chuck

Real Name
    Jacob

I see no black rams wandering around the fish room.
    I'm picturing you opening a closet door and there's a black ram in the corner smoking a cigarette. "Ahh, I was wondering when you were gonna find me."

Real Name
    Brian

I had a pleco disappear once but I caught it before the box was sealed. I knew the count was accurate when I pulled them because I fasted them for 2 days and I checked on them all the time. So I plucked another one and shipped without fasting. I found it flat and dry a few days later when I was vacuuming the carpet. Poor thing had apparently jumped while I was taking the container to the packing area...

Liz thats some seriously bad luck. What are the odds that you get the one UPS driver in a 500 mile radius of You that actually knows what a black ram is! At least you made his or hers day
    AquaticSuppliers.comFoods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Registered Member

Did you have the shippment insure?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast