ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I HATE this tank.

Real Name
    Jacob

Default Re: I HATE this tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Koenigsberg14|Khotan48 View Post
    What made you dislike the tank initially, and how do you plan to utilize it now, especially with the successful fry hatching?
    I was using it as a planted community tank, I disliked the depth a lot, or more accurately, the foot print. It feels like there's no space and it's nearly the same volume as a 40 breeder which seems huge by comparison. It's also a non-standard width just a tiny bit so that no standard glass top actually fits it, only the dumb plastic hood it came with.
    This will be a dedicated fry tank, at least for the foreseeable future. Until I start running out of places to put fry. I'm not going too crazy on fry rearing as I don't have tons of space for growing out. I've got a couple of tanks that I might end up rehoming the residents and bringing into grow outs, though.

Real Name
    Jacob

This tank is still rolling. The CPDs and sterbai have all graduated to other tanks. Now it has two batches of bristlenose (how do they eat this many green beans...?!?) and three little furcata rainbow fry that I rescued from the parent tank.
    Is this the normal color for bristlenose? They look so yellow/green-ish. Dad is super red mom is normal. They looked this color before I fed green beans and I haven't fed them baby brine shrimp anytime recently.

20240401_054729.jpg
    Last edited by jwcarlson; 04-02-2024 at 08:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jwcarlson View Post
    I was using it as a planted community tank, I disliked the depth a lot, or more accurately, the foot print. It feels like there's no space and it's nearly the same volume as a 40 breeder which seems huge by comparison. It's also a non-standard width just a tiny bit so that no standard glass top actually fits it, only the dumb plastic hood it came with.
    This will be a dedicated fry tank, at least for the foreseeable future. Until I start running out of places to put fry. I'm not going too crazy on fry rearing as I don't have tons of space for growing out. I've got a couple of tanks that I might end up rehoming the residents and bringing into grow outs, though.
    I had the same issue with my 29 gallon non standard, the glass was a hair to big so I crazy glued some plastic rails on each side centering the glass. That did the job so I can use the standard aqueon glass top.
    Just Call Me Chuck

Disclaimer : I am an old man and all this information is from the top of my head so any mistakes noted I claim the 5th

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123