AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: Greetings from Southwest New Jersey

Real Name
    Mark Trunkwalter

Default Greetings from Southwest New Jersey

Hello to all. Names Mark and I am in South Jersey just about at the Delaware Memorial Bridge. Decided to get back into this at the suggestion of my wife who has been itching for one of those tank set ups with the plants growing out of the full size mountain range that turns into a beach with a rolling river that parts two peninsulas and winds up diving into the rolling surf!!! I think that you get the idea. I have not been involved with fish since Chemi Pure was a brand new product. I used to keep Oscars,Fire mouths, Jack Dempsey and other cichlids. Gone to guess mid 80s here. Anyhow I thought that I would try my hand at one of my favorites that I did not get a chance to spend much time with back then. Looking to catch up on all of the latest tech involved now a days before I go storming off and fill a tank. I have just started looking around and see that I have a lot of reading to do here. Glad to find a site like this. So cheers to all for the upcoming holidays and hope to bump into you on the pages as I stumble through!

Real Name
    Tom

Default Re: Greetings from Southwest New Jersey

Welcome! Well your wife isn’t going to be happy . It’s all about the discus not the tank. Keep it simple. Not much has changed. Different name brands and no more fluorescent lights now leds. Ask many questions!3C52A67D-05DA-4EE9-810E-25EDE3E674DB.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by mark527 View Post
    Hello to all. Names Mark and I am in South Jersey just about at the Delaware Memorial Bridge. Decided to get back into this at the suggestion of my wife who has been itching for one of those tank set ups with the plants growing out of the full size mountain range that turns into a beach with a rolling river that parts two peninsulas and winds up diving into the rolling surf!!! I think that you get the idea. I have not been involved with fish since Chemi Pure was a brand new product. I used to keep Oscars,Fire mouths, Jack Dempsey and other cichlids. Gone to guess mid 80s here. Anyhow I thought that I would try my hand at one of my favorites that I did not get a chance to spend much time with back then. Looking to catch up on all of the latest tech involved now a days before I go storming off and fill a tank. I have just started looking around and see that I have a lot of reading to do here. Glad to find a site like this. So cheers to all for the upcoming holidays and hope to bump into you on the pages as I stumble through!
    Mark , a warm welcome to you! If you have questions we are here for You.

Read..question.. post..learn and if something is not making sense.. ask . The community here is the best..bar none.
    AquaticSuppliers.comFoods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Real Name
    Scott Winefka

Mark welcome to the family!!!

Real Name
    Mark Trunkwalter

Yeah, I am aware that she her vision of bio-scaping is not compatible with discus and therefore have proposed an additional tank to "experiment" with! We shall see maybe a few blue rams will work there!

Real Name
    Mark Trunkwalter

Thanks for the welcome! Looking forward to starting up again!