AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: Good memories

Homesteader Kingdom Come Discus's Avatar

Default Good memories

Kraig

Default Re: Good memories

Kraig do you think you will ever have a tank of discus again? As a hobbyist ?

Al
    AquaticSuppliers.comFoods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

I still don't have the appetite. Whenever I get the urge I remember how I felt when my fish were not feeling well. I had three catastrophies which I never thought I would recover from financially. I also have to deal with the water damage in our home from many different overflows and spills. I remember going after my first import in Atlanta. We just got the fish room finished and I had left my construction crew to finish up the plumbing for the blower. One guy dropped a pair of vise grips into a 150 long. It not only blew out the bottom of it but it blew out the 125 gallon directly below it and two 75 gallon tanks across the isle. Lucky a friend had a new fish shop and let my guys grab two 150 gallon tanks. He did give them to me at his cost. I still find glass from time to time. The biggest reason I don't think it will happen again is my wife says no! Which I understand completely. When I left the hobby 11 years ago medication was getting hard to get a hold of. A tub of Prazi was $750.00. Then you have the parasite, I can't remember the name, but it gets into the cells of the fish and affects the brain. A fish pathologist at the University of Florida told me that parasite, which came from African cichlids was now in 80% of all tropical fresh water fish they test! There wasn't a safe treatment then. Not sure about now. I prefer to visit others with discus. I have a friend who has me help him from time to time with his poorly maintained tanks. There were many good times too! The support I got from the Simply Discus family was second to none. I feel indebted to all who helped. I miss the NADA shows, as that was a good fix for discus fever. Would I be able to do just one tank? Maybe if they had birth control for discus. I actually have been thinking about contacting Larry Bugg about a visit for another fix. He is about as close as anyone I know with fish and a good fun guy! I am glad you have kept this place going Al, Pat, Liz, Josie and the many others who contribute here. Long live Simply Discus!
    Kraig

If you do run into Larry Bugg tell him I was asking about him and not to be a stranger. Be great to see him pop in from time to time.

As for your discus keeping prospects.. Several of us have some nice breeding projects going on when you get the itch. We will leave the light on.
    AquaticSuppliers.comFoods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Hi Kraig, nice to see you on SD. Please visit more often. I wonder what Larry is up too fish wise also. If you holler at him tell him to come visit SD
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

I didn't know Larry wasn't a frequent visitor here lately. I will see if I can get a hold of him.

Glad to be back Pat. Thanks
    Kraig

He pops in once in a while. Last time he was here he was showing us his beautifully planted Rainbow fish tank. He had Milleniums and Neons. My two favorite Rainbows, too.

One of these days, I will toss the ugly mutts I accidentally bred and replace them with those 2 strains. My pretty mutts and my ancient Bosemani pair can stay.
    Mama Bear

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Matthew Peter Brown

Its a hard hobby for sure...I had left for 5 years.....but maybe its the challenge we all love.

Larry was always so kind to me. A real class act!
    Kraig