AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: Dumped amazon prime

Default Dumped amazon prime

I just dumped my Amazon Prime account. The announced change to advertisements on their video subscription service just doesn't sit well with me. You either accept their commercials or pay another $3 a month. .. which is a huge price increase that gets you nothing extra. Besides that the streaming service offerings are pretty bad and now its mostly ad based " free vee"(an amazon venture i think) or multiple subscriptions. Only thing I will miss is Acorn Tv through prime.

I did like prime shipping but when I think about it does it really matter if I get something in 2 days or 4 days.. 99% of the time no.

Streaming services were supposed to be an improvement over cable but now everything is full circle.Everything is subscription and they are back to commercials now called targeted advertizing.

Anybody else dump prime? Or are you weighing the benefits as still worth it?
    AquaticSuppliers.comFoods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Registered Member

Default Re: Dumped amazon prime

I am still considering at home. Kids order all kind of stuff overnight, it would be a painful adjustment for me having to deal with them. Unfortunately, this generation expects immediate satisfaction, including overnight shipping. I think for me is worth the increase while kids are still living at home. In a couple of more years, it will be a complete different ballgame. I don’t mind waiting 4 days for my stuff to arrive, I usually plan ahead,

Real Name
    Brian

I only use Prime for the free shipping but I don't pay for it. It seems every time we near a "Prime Day" or the Christmas season they give me a free trial month of Prime and sometimes extend it for another month. I don't know enough about their TV streaming to know what's available since there's so much free stuff on the Fire TV itself. As far as my main streaming service, I use Philo. It's actually pretty lame and it over kill's on sitcom re-runs, but I get a $15 credit because I use T-Mobile, so at only $10 per month I can watch all the Star Trek's every day of the week, lol...

Well honestly.. do you really need anything more than the star trek universe. trekkie for life here.

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

Real Name
    Jake

My prime renewal is coming up in a few weeks and I'm also strongly considering not renewing. I don't use prime too often, and when I do, I don't need it in 1-2 days. I'd rather wait a few extra days. Lots of family ask me to order things, they'll just have to get their own accounts and pay for the service if they want it that badly.

I recently renewed but I do not use the video service much just a few of their made for prime. Star Trek I have paramount for that.
    Just Call Me Chuck

Disclaimer : I am an old man and all this information is from the top of my head so any mistakes noted I claim the 5th

Yeah for star Paramount has the market cornered. We caved on that one because I really wanted to see the newer series.

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com