AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: My other adopted pigeon pair..

Default My other adopted pigeon pair..

When I adopted a group of discus from a friend it looks like there were 3 males and 3 females. This is the scond pair that formed. The female.is very clean... I lean towards it being an RGD..red gold diamond or at least heavy om the Golden mellon. The other is what I would call a blue butterfly...it may have recessive albino white butterfly genes.

This pairing is a total wild card. I have literally no idea what they will thow.. I am thinking maybe red whites? Or maybe just a striated pigeon... who knows.

The female has been shimmying alot so maybe eggs soon.

I have no hang ups on crossing strains and varieties.. its the reason we have so much variety in domestic discus today. And for me its about learning.

20240118_103823.jpg

20240118_103745.jpg
    AquaticSuppliers.comFoods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Registered Member + MVP danotaylor's Avatar
    Real Name
    Daniel

Default Re: My other adopted pigeon pair..

Holy cow Al, another beautiful pair of discus. Your friend certain bought quality discus. Both have a very nice shape. At first I thought the “blue butterfly” looked more like a “mercury” but the distinctly white base eliminates that theory. Whatever called they look great. Very interested to follow along and see what emerges from their combined genetics. If you don’t mind, I’ll just sit back, eat popcorn, and watch and learn with you from a distance. By the time you have no more room for your 2.5-3” fry from both pairs I may just be ready to pull the trigger on discus again!