ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Royal Carribean Oasis of the Sea's cruise pictures

Real Name
    Scott Winefka

Default Royal Carribean Oasis of the Sea's cruise pictures

Got back from our cruise on Monday and have some pictures to post since some members wanted pictures of our room and the ship. We got lucky with the room that got assigned to us since it was a handicap room which means everything was bigger due to the fact that a wheel chair has to be able to get every where in the cabin. We did have an ocean balcony that was wider than a standard balcony because it had to be wheel chair accessible.

This was the bathroom from different angles

20240128_134354.jpg

20240128_134402.jpg

This was the main room that had a king size bed in it.

20240128_134419.jpg

20240128_134412.jpg

I couldn't get a good shot of the whole balcony but this was the best I could do standing where I was.

20240128_134437.jpg

These were the cabana huts that you can rent on the ship if you wanted to, we didn't though.

20240128_142643.jpg

This ship had 4 main pools on it and here is just one of them.

20240128_142654.jpg

The ship also had 2 racing slides shown here.

20240128_142631.jpg

Here is a picture of the 2 racing slides on the left and the bowl slide on the right, these 3 are water slides.

20240128_142839.jpg

There is also a little kids water park area and one behind that for infants who aren't potty trained yet so there are sections for all age groups to play in the water on the ship.

20240128_142855.jpg

They also have zip lining down the middle of the ship, sorry for my finger getting into the picture on the left hand side.

20240128_155506.jpg

In the middle of the ship they have two themed parks the front section is called central park which is the picture below. It has live trees plants and shrubs that are lit up at night with different stores and restaurants on each side all the way down it. The back part of the ship is board walk which dummy me forgot to take pictures of but it has a full size merry go round in it eating places and a sports bar with a diving show at the very back of the ship.

20240128_142826.jpg

On the back of the ship they have 2 flow riders for anyone to use, one was used for belly riding like the one shown below and the other one was used for stand up riding, didn't get any pictures of that one.

IMG_20240204_113054.jpg

They also have one of the tallest dry slides out of all the cruise ships on the ocean, it drops 10 stories down to the board walk if you didn't want to take the elevator all the way down to it. A fun short cut to get to it if you are at the very top of the ship. This is the picture of the entrance to get on it, I never got a good shot of the slide from the back of the ship that shows the whole thing.

IMG_20240204_113102.jpg

At the top of the ship they had a really nice 9 hole minature golf course, here are a couple pictures of that.

20240128_155409.jpg

20240128_155418.jpg

They had a ton more things to do on the ship but didn't want to make this a long story. LOL

To end this thread I made a friend on one of the islands we were on he came out of the sand to say hi to me. I hope everyone enjoyed this little blog of the Royal Caribbean Oasis of the Sea's.

20240202_112154.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Registered Member

Default Re: Royal Carribean Oasis of the Sea's cruise pictures

Great pictures, can't wait till my next cruise. I don't see anyone with their mask on.

Cliff

Real Name
    Scott Winefka

Those mask days are pretty much over now, once in a while you will see 1 or 2 people wearing them but that's about it.

Real Name
    Jake

My wife and I tried a cruise once - we'll never go back on a cruise again. For one, she got extremely seasick. Another reason was we couldn't really stay a whole lot in areas we wanted more time in. Next time, just make the entire trip a vacation to one of those places for us.

Real Name
    Scott Winefka

I understand, some people love cruises and some don't. Cruises are our favorite vacations, this was our 33 cruise.

Sorry Scott Im not buying it. Doesnt look like a cruise ship at all. And I dont see any oceans anywhere. I think you are yanking our chain here and didnt even stay on a ship. Looks more like a small city.

Jk ...cool photos. Thanks for sharing! I have never been on a cruise before.. probably never will for much the same reasons as Jake. Took my wife whale watching once off cape cod... she didnt do well
    .. actually .... on a ship with 300 people I was one of the only ones that didn't get sea sick...( spent many years fishing on a boat) I actually had to buy new camera bags after that trip.

But that aside.. that ship you were on is amazing.. I didnt realize how much they put on these ships or how big these ship really are.They really are floating cities!

Al

Ps 33 rd cruise? Wow !
    AquaticSuppliers.comFoods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Real Name
    Scott Winefka

Al, cruises these days are floating cities and if you get on one of the big boys like we do at times you don't even feel the ship move so sea sickness is pretty much not a problem on the big boys. Yes we have sailed 33 cruises and counting, we do not have any more cruises planned for the rest of this year. Our next vacation this year is 2 weeks in September, 1 week we will be staying on Disney property and the following week we will be staying at our time share which is only 3 miles outside of Disney.

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Great pics Scott
    Pat
    Last edited by Second Hand Pat; 02-09-2024 at 11:33 AM. Reason: Edited
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Nice pictures, my last cruise was a Alaska cruise we loved it. Next trip will be in September to Wyoming Grand Tetons National Park and Yellowstone. Thanks for sharing!
    Last edited by Charlyc11; 02-09-2024 at 01:43 PM.
    Just Call Me Chuck

Disclaimer : I am an old man and all this information is from the top of my head so any mistakes noted I claim the 5th

Real Name
    Scott Winefka

Quote Originally Posted by Second Hand Pat View Post
    Great pics Scott
    Pat
    Thanks Pat

Real Name
    Scott Winefka

[QUOTE=Charlyc11;1384184]Nice pictures, my last cruise was a Alaska cruise we loved it. Next trip will be in September to Wyoming Grand Tetons National Park and Yellowstone. Thanks for sharing!

Nice Chuck, we did the Alaska cruise as well and it was a great cruise. I am glad you liked it, sounds like your next trip will be awesome make sure you post pictures on that one, would love to see them. Never been to any of those parks.

Did any of you cruisers ever run into serious itinery changes while on ship..

https://www.washingtonpost.com/trave...orwegian-star/

Under the new schedule, the ship would no longer visit Paradise Bay off the coast of the Antarctic mainland, but instead sail by Admiralty Bay, part of the South Shetland Islands. While technically part of Antarctica, the substitution is located more than 200 miles north of the original location.

With the help of her daughter on land, Midler uploaded her ire to TikTok under the name @ruinedvacation. Her first video shows a crowd of passengers gathered to demand answers — with a security officer urging people to calm down. The videos have gone viral, with the first one getting 3.4 million views.

“It has been absolutely ruined because the main part of this trip as far as we were all concerned was taken away from us after we boarded,” she said in her email. She said “hundreds” were very upset, and many have been talking about whether they could get any compensation through insurance, the cruise line or a class-action lawsuit. While staff said an email went out and printed notices were supposed to have been displayed, Midler said neither she nor many fellow passengers received those.
    Al
    AquaticSuppliers.comFoods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Real Name
    Scott Winefka

The only time we experienced itinerary changes is when we have sailed in the heart of hurricane season. They would send us to different islands that weren't in the path of the on coming hurricane. Believe it or not when they have done that those were some of the calmest sea's that we ever sailed on.

[QUOTE=Discus Fever;1384196]
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlyc11 View Post
    Nice pictures, my last cruise was a Alaska cruise we loved it. Next trip will be in September to Wyoming Grand Tetons National Park and Yellowstone. Thanks for sharing!

Nice Chuck, we did the Alaska cruise as well and it was a great cruise. I am glad you liked it, sounds like your next trip will be awesome make sure you post pictures on that one, would love to see them. Never been to any of those parks.
    I will post lots of pictures. My other trip I enjoyed was Costa Rica lots of poverty but the people are great. Many expats there. My wife enjoyed the monkees all over and the iguanas.
    Just Call Me Chuck

Disclaimer : I am an old man and all this information is from the top of my head so any mistakes noted I claim the 5th

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Jim

Really cool pics. Never been on a cruise, between Legonairs and Covid my wife's not interested anymore. It really is amazing how big they are and how many attractions they pack in them. Maybe it time for me and the wife to consider a cruise.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast