AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Royal Carribean Oasis of the Sea's cruise pictures

Real Name
    Tom

Default Re: Royal Carribean Oasis of the Sea's cruise pictures

Way too big! Spent my life working in NYC and retired now. Last thing I want is a ship full of people. Your pics do make it look so much better than some pics I’ve seen of hundreds of people sitting around the pool. Were they taken while ship was moving or in port? We did a cruse this year down the Rhine in Germany. Very nice with whole days off the ship to explore different cities. Still not enough time though. But a great pleasant cruise. Only 200 people on the ship and food and drinks were great. No desire for ocean cruises. While in Aruba we would see those jumbo ships come in. Thousands would get off to walk-in that little town. They’d never see the island. Same in San Juan. So much to see on those islands and all they get is the tourist traps.

Real Name
    Scott Winefka

Default Re: Royal Carribean Oasis of the Sea's cruise pictures

Quote Originally Posted by Iminit View Post
    Way too big! Spent my life working in NYC and retired now. Last thing I want is a ship full of people. Your pics do make it look so much better than some pics I’ve seen of hundreds of people sitting around the pool. Were they taken while ship was moving or in port? We did a cruse this year down the Rhine in Germany. Very nice with whole days off the ship to explore different cities. Still not enough time though. But a great pleasant cruise. Only 200 people on the ship and food and drinks were great. No desire for ocean cruises. While in Aruba we would see those jumbo ships come in. Thousands would get off to walk-in that little town. They’d never see the island. Same in San Juan. So much to see on those islands and all they get is the tourist traps.
    Tom believe it or not the biggest ships in Royal Caribbean's fleet distributes people very nicely, it doesn't feel like there is that many people on the ship. It is like a big city on the water, for anyone who hasn't tried cruising yet I would suggest trying it once just so you can say you experienced it. Some people are hooked and love it while some people didn't like it and wouldn't go on another. My personal opinion since I have been cruising for 27 years I always tell people who are taking their first cruise to book one of their biggest ships because those are usually their nicest ships with plenty to do.

Our next cruise is in February 2025 on a cruise line that we never sailed which is MSC. Typically we would not book this cruise line but you can book what they call the yacht club section which is what we did. When you book the yacht club you get your own section of the ship which is the front of the ship and it is 3 levels and no one else who is on the ship can't have access to this unless you are booked in the yacht club. You have your own pool, hot tubs, bars and your own private dining room that the rest of the ship doesn't have access to it. You have your own butler from the time you get on the ship till the time your cruise is over which is nice. The butler gets you on the ship when you get there and you bypass all the lines that the people are waiting to get on the ship. Your butler will get you off the ship and back on the ship when you have things planned on the islands so you don't have lines to wait in. Your butler will bring food to your room if you don't want to leave you room one night to eat dinner plus your butler does a lot of other things. If you want to be completely pampered this is the way to go if you book an MSC cruise. Just remember even though you have your own section of the ship that regular passengers can't come in to you still have access any where you want to go on the ship so you have best of both worlds. This is the first time we have booked some thing like this so I will give a complete review on this when we get back. If anyone on this forum would like to go on this with my wife and I we would love for anyone to join us if you are interested in taking a cruise where you get totally pampered without feeling crowded at all.
    Last edited by Discus Fever; 02-26-2024 at 11:25 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12