AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: What is this on my glass ?

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Jim

Default What is this on my glass ?

Brief explanation of what's going on ... I'm currently dosing metro for what is believed to be parasites of some sort. I'm on day 6 and still have the symptoms (stringy poop) lack luster appetite, etc. Yesterday I lost one of my fish presumably from the same issue. This morning I notice tons of tiny little organisms on the glass. Very tiny and moving around. I shot a vid and hopefully you can see what I am talking about. Are these copepods of some sort or a worm, could this be causing the issue I am seeing anybody know what this is?

https://youtube.com/shorts/tnVcOhoD3..._qJ42SBsvGxqfD

Real Name
    Brian

Default Re: What is this on my glass ?

I believe they are harmless copepods. You're lucky. When I first saw them in my tank there were millions and I freaked, lol... Mine were the result of running a levamisole treatment. I assume they were living in the filters and the levamisole irritated them.
    Last edited by jeep; 02-11-2024 at 12:38 PM.

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Jim

Default Re: What is this on my glass ?

Quote Originally Posted by jeep View Post
    I believe they are harmless copepods. You're lucky. When I first saw them in my tank there were millions and I freaked, lol... Mine were the result of running a levamisole treatment. I assume they were living in the filters and the levamisole irritated them.
    Thanks Brian, that's what I was thinking and hoping but wanted to be sure. I've never seen them ever in any freshwater tank I have had. I see them in my reef tank but they are much bigger when I spot them. The fish keep them in check in there.