ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: Purchasing Discus

Registered Member

Default Purchasing Discus

When buying Discus, who does everyone trust for selection and healthy fish, I have looked at those that are sponsors here, and would trust ordering from anyone of them due to this sight trusting their quality but selection is sometimes limited. Has anyone had any luck with Discus.com or any other suggestions? I have seen good things being said about Whattley and Discus Hans. Thanks for your input

Real Name
    Jacob

Default Re: Purchasing Discus

Do not, under any circumstances, purchase anything from discus.com.

I do not have experiences with any other discus seller other than Hans and it was a great experience. I bought them when Hans was still selling Stendker, but I would imagine his discus are still good now that he's selling DiscusX. Hans was great though.

Registered Member

Thank you Sir, good to know, they have an impressive web page, I would think they suck a lot of unsuspecting people in if that is the case, it is hard to determine who has good Discus with getting on the internet, because for every 50 good reviews there is 50 bad reviews on just about every discus sight, so it is hard to judge. Thanks again

Real Name
    Tom

Right here simply discus has sponsors they recommend. Some may not have discus now but will be getting soon. I believe Pingco has an order coming. I bought from him and he is as accommodating as they come. Plus he gets a very good selection of discus at different sizes. Chicago and Dennis Discus I’ve also bought from and highly recommend. Stay away from the discus… not even a discus store just a middleman.

Real Name
    Brian

Stay away from bargain discus. The best sellers will have either a solid reputation or a website that will back up their product. Stay away from facebook advertisers who claim they have every strain known and can ship direct to you. Stay away from sellers who use whatsapp as a main tool.

Do consider one of our sponsors. All are vetted for quality and service!! https://forum.simplydiscus.com/forum...iscus-Sponsors

Registered Member + MVP danotaylor's Avatar
    Real Name
    Daniel

Discus.com is a trans-shipper, meaning they do not have a facility or any of their own discus. They’re and electronic store only and poach images off other sellers, even copywrite images, and post them as their own offerings. When you buy from them they then take your money, order discus from someone else who then ships them to you. D.com skim money off the top, and you may or may not get what you think you ordered. BUYER BEWARE!
    Last edited by danotaylor; 02-12-2024 at 10:07 PM.

Silver Member

I have used Chicago discus the past, great looking fish. Iam waiting for their Feb delivery to order more.