ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A new shrimp project on it's way

Real Name
    Scott Winefka

Default Re: A new shrimp project on it's way

Tom,
    Nice pictures, I will get more plants but that will be a little bit down the road. My shrimp tanks right now are 10 gallons and don't want the smaller tanks to be over ran with plants. Once the colonies are going strong I do have 20 gallon breeder tanks that they will get transferred to. I will definitely keep you in mind for plants because I will need to get some soon and I will take what you have for sure.

Real Name
    Scott Winefka

Quote Originally Posted by brewmaster15 View Post
    Scott looks like things are going well. Congrats! I posted a thread on shrimp here..
    https://forum.simplydiscus.com/showt...aradina-shrimp
    Thanks Al, I was going to ask if we can start a section for this. I didn't know how much I would get into Neocaradina shrimp but I am really enjoying this a lot. The idea of no heaters and tank maintenance once a week really helps out a lot especially with the electric bill. Down the road I would like to get Sulawesi Shrimp as well because my natural PH levels are perfect for them. All this means is my Discus projects will be put on hold for a while but I am ok with that for now since I am enjoying myself with the shrimp. I do plan on keeping all of my shrimp to a dedicated tanks for them only without any other fish with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Discus Fever View Post
    Thanks Al, I was going to ask if we can start a section for this. I didn't know how much I would get into Neocaradina shrimp but I am really enjoying this a lot. The idea of no heaters and tank maintenance once a week really helps out a lot especially with the electric bill. Down the road I would like to get Sulawesi Shrimp as well because my natural PH levels are perfect for them. All this means is my Discus projects will be put on hold for a while but I am ok with that for now since I am enjoying myself with the shrimp. I do plan on keeping all of my shrimp to a dedicated tanks for them only without any other fish with them.
    Scott I was thinking of splitting out vertebrate fish and invertebrates to their own boards. Not opposed to any such changes when we have members interested.

Its good to keep the tanks shrimp only for pruduction sake. I have a few cherry shrimp only tanks.. I would really suggest doing at least one tank thats got microfish in it. Its just so much more interesting to watch. The 29g I have with phoenix rasbora and endlers guppies is probably one of my most favorite tanks.
    AquaticSuppliers.comFoods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Real Name
    Scott Winefka

[QUOTE= Its good to keep the tanks shrimp only for pruduction sake. I have a few cherry shrimp only tanks.. I would really suggest doing at least one tank thats got microfish in it. Its just so much more interesting to watch. The 29g I have with phoenix rasbora and endlers guppies is probably one of my most favorite tanks.[/QUOTE]

I definitely would like to do that once my colonies are big and going strong.
    Last edited by Discus Fever; 04-26-2024 at 09:21 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123