ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: Logistics FAIL

Default Logistics FAIL

I just ordered some aquaclear 110 sponges from petsmart. They are on sale if you sign up for their Autoship program .. comes out to $4 per sponge with tax and shipping.. cheapest elsewhere are about $6.40 each.

Anyhow my order of 10 sponges all shipped today.. from 4 different locations. All being delivered by fedex .

Someone needs to work on petsmarts shipping logistics.. my $40 order has to have cost them at least 2 x That.

Al
    AquaticSuppliers.comFoods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Default Re: Logistics FAIL

That’s just too funny Al.
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Gary

I ordered two 50 pound bags of calcite for $28 each. Free shipping on orders over $40. Good for me, bad for the company I ordered from.

Real Name
    Brian

Last year I ordered 3 HOB's from Petsmart. They were on clearance for dirt cheap and Petsmart was offering free same day delivery through Doordash. I got all three of them within about 4 hours from three different drivers who originated from three different stores. They all showed up at the same time and laughed as much as I did, lol...

Quote Originally Posted by jeep View Post
    Last year I ordered 3 HOB's from Petsmart. They were on clearance for dirt cheap and Petsmart was offering free same day delivery through Doordash. I got all three of them within about 4 hours from three different drivers who originated from three different stores. They all showed up at the same time and laughed as much as I did, lol...
    Did you tip them all?
    Just Call Me Chuck

Disclaimer : I am an old man and all this information is from the top of my head so any mistakes noted I claim the 5th

Real Name
    Scott Winefka

It's funny how some companies do the stupidest things but at least they benefit the buyer.

I once ordered a pressure cooker. They sent 2. I called and tried to send one back to them. They must have never had that request. As much as I tried to explain, all they wanted to do was send me a 3rd pressure cooker. I fianlly gave up and gave the extra one to Good Will.
    Mama Bear

Quote Originally Posted by LizStreithorst View Post
    I once ordered a pressure cooker. They sent 2. I called and tried to send one back to them. They must have never had that request. As much as I tried to explain, all they wanted to do was send me a 3rd pressure cooker. I fianlly gave up and gave the extra one to Good Will.
    During pandemic I bought one of those inflatable Hot tubs since we could not go anywhere.. I figured stay-cation was better than no-Vacation. It was great for the first year. second year the heating element went. I contacted the seller through Amazon and explained I needed a new heating element. It was probably a $20 part. I took photos of exactly what I needed. Their fulfillment center said no problem and sent me the "part" . The part arrived was an entire Hot tube.. brand new. I called and explained again what I needed.. and this time they wanted me to use the new hot tube and send picture of the old one cut up.. I said NO...just send me the part and you can take this new one back., It was winter... no way I could set up a new one. plus I said I would have to pay to dispose of the old one in my town. So They finally agreed to send me the part. Again I waited and tracked it.. This time they sent me the whole filter...Fine I thought and opened the box.. it was a used filter. Now I am steaming mad. call back and eventually get them to send me a new part.... again they sent the entire filter. This time new. They told me to throw out the used one and use the new one. I asked about the new hot tub and they said they have no record of it.. so I ended up using the part from the used filter they sent... and now have a complete new Hot tube and a complete replacement filter.

By the way ,the hot tube is still working fine.

Its amazing companies stay in business.

al

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

Just fill the new one and make it into a pond for Discus.
    Just Call Me Chuck

Disclaimer : I am an old man and all this information is from the top of my head so any mistakes noted I claim the 5th

Thats funny.. I check craiglist all the time looking for Someone with a bad filter..I want to use the one i have with the criagslist one as an axolotl pond.. no heater needed.

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

Quote Originally Posted by brewmaster15 View Post
    I just ordered some aquaclear 110 sponges from petsmart. They are on sale if you sign up for their Autoship program .. comes out to $4 per sponge with tax and shipping.. cheapest elsewhere are about $6.40 each.

Anyhow my order of 10 sponges all shipped today.. from 4 different locations. All being delivered by fedex .

Someone needs to work on petsmarts shipping logistics.. my $40 order has to have cost them at least 2 x That.

Al

Too funny..

20240228_134559.jpg

10 sponges

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

Real Name
    Jacob

That's pretty funny, Al.

I bought something awhile back, I think it shipped from California. I got it in Iowa by way of Puerto Rico. *shrug*

Real Name
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by brewmaster15 View Post

Al
    I'd love to see their costs on this type of thing. So many people do this these days. I suppose they have so much moving at once that throwing in a box of sponges on that truck isn't going to add a ton to the bottom line at the end of the day. I'm sure they also usually have people buy something else and add stuff like sponges on the side so it's more a filler item than main draw, so I would guess a customer like you isn't their norm. The worst IMO nowadays is a single order from Amazon is sourced through all different shops so instead of one box you get 5, so either wait until they are shipped to a singular warehouse to pack together or get them one by one.
    -Matt