AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hypothetical question on Contests

Real Name
    Jacob

Default Re: Hypothetical question on Contests

Quote Originally Posted by Jandiscus View Post
    When I was writing my suggestions for this post, I forgot that I was refilling my water barrel and it started to overflow. Nothing more getting your attention than the splashing sounds of an overflowing barrel :-) Luckily it is sitting within the shower basin, so no harm.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizStreithorst View Post
    If you call that a fail you need to talk to Al or Brian about their last great overflow fails. I have a buckled floor in the past but I have never destroyed an entire room after I just got through renovating it.
    I don't need this bad mojo! Thankfully, if I overflow almost anything it's onto concrete. I did start my refill pump with the hose not in the tank once on my discus tank on the main level, however. I left my RO on for a long time a week or two ago. I'm more upset over the wasted water than anything. The barrel did overflow but it makes RO so slow that it's not that big of a deal.
    I actually just set up a bigger barrel for RO yesterday, so I have just short of doubled my RO storage capacity from 32 gallons to 63.

Regarding the contests, I personally don't want any prizes. But something over under the avatar or something might be kind of cool. PotM Winner January '24 or something like that.
    Last edited by jwcarlson; 03-04-2024 at 04:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LizStreithorst View Post
    If you call that a fail you need to talk to Al or Brian about their last great overflow fails. I have a buckled floor in the past but I have never destroyed an entire room after I just got through renovating it.
    Haha...agreed Liz!

I had my share of spills and the flooring has held up. Home Depot luxury vinyl (Lifeproof) are great 100% waterproof all PVC and look good. You just need to seal the edges around the molding so it doesn't spread to the next room or go underneath. I have areas where it goes through but so far OK. I have to go back around with silicone but hard to get it done behind the tanks, only 9" there.
    Just Call Me Chuck

Disclaimer : I am an old man and all this information is from the top of my head so any mistakes noted I claim the 5th

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Jim

Best looking tank, with or without discus. Best looking small and large tanks. Best planted tank.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12