AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lotus flower!

Registered Member

Default Re: Lotus flower!

I had the old Medalframe and Pemco tanks back in the 60's they were heavy but lasted for decades.

Cliff

Registered Member

Does anyone have pics of those old vintage tanks? Would be interesting to see and compare.

My first tank as a child was a homemade 60 l and had a very heavy, ugly metal frame... I think I still have pictures of it somewhere. I'll post them if I find some.

Quote Originally Posted by Johanna View Post
    Does anyone have pics of those old vintage tanks? Would be interesting to see and compare.

My first tank as a child was a homemade 60 l and had a very heavy, ugly metal frame... I think I still have pictures of it somewhere. I'll post them if I find some.
    Your not going to find a picture of me when I was 16 with a tank. I don't know if I had a camera available.
    Just Call Me Chuck

Disclaimer : I am an old man and all this information is from the top of my head so any mistakes noted I claim the 5th

Real Name
    Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by Johanna View Post

Here you go, Johanna. The empty one is a current ebay offering.

meta 1.jpg

meta 2.jpg

45 gallon.jpg
    Last edited by gimaal; 04-11-2024 at 04:03 PM.

Registered Member

Sadly I couldn't find any pics of the old framed tank, I think my parents have them if they still exist. Have to go looking for some nostalgic memories the next time I visit.

but back to the lotus flower... it lasted all of 2 days and started rotting. I think it didn't like getting wet during water change. But! Apparently I'm doing something right in the lotus' opinion because it's growing a new one Meanwhile, most of my Staurogyne repens are losing leaves and starting to slowly die. I haven't changed anything lately so don't know how to try to fix it. It's even supposed to do well in discus temperatures.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12