AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Charge Backs- Getting everything for nothing

Default Re: Charge Backs- Getting everything for nothing

Not only happens online that people want something for nothing, my wife works at Macy's part time and in countless occasions I mean every day people walk out without paying. They are told not to intervene since the employees can get hurt. Also they are not making any money so they don't hire that many security guards so all the have is a video they give the police. Then you wonder why they are closing hundreds of stores. I really hate when people think they are privileged and don't have to pay for what they get no matter how much money they have.
    Last edited by Charlyc11; 04-15-2024 at 04:56 PM.
    Just Call Me Chuck

Disclaimer : I am an old man and all this information is from the top of my head so any mistakes noted I claim the 5th

Real Name
    Tom

It’s funny but it’s really not the employees they are worried about. It’s the thief who after being caught sues thestore and the employee who caught them. In these situations the store realizes it’s just cheaper to pay the criminal than the lawyers defending the store. This than leaves the employee holding the bag. Because the store already admitted it was wrong.So the shop lifting charge gets dropped and the shop lifter collects. Only in America.
    Last edited by Iminit; 04-15-2024 at 05:30 PM.

I don't think that it's that bad, Tom. I have no mercy for anyone who lies or steals. Most people are honest. It just sucks that there is no resource to turn to when it happens. I'm sorry you got screwed, Al.
    Mama Bear

Was talking to paypal today about a charge back.. this one is a mistake. My customer didnt recognize the charge.. and reported it unauthorized. My account with paypal was
    back charged the amount.
    Its an easy mistake to make.. I contacted them and they were so apologetic and immediately called the credit card company and reversed it.

Great right? Nope money is in limbo now... the credit card company has 45 day to respond to paypals inquiry... Paypal said charge backs can take up 180 days to resolve.

This system is so broken.
    AquaticSuppliers.comFoods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

That really bites Al, Not quite sure why it takes so long to refund money.
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

My wife and I both had fraudulent purchases on Discover. Mine was about $3000 in Harry and David and some software but Discover went through with me what was legit and not and they cancelled the card and those charges. They did the same with my wife.
    Just Call Me Chuck

Disclaimer : I am an old man and all this information is from the top of my head so any mistakes noted I claim the 5th

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12