AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: General Fish Shipping Questions

Default Re: General Fish Shipping Questions

Quote Originally Posted by jwcarlson View Post
    I don't plan on purchasing anything extra, but was wondering if using my mom's castration bander might work. I'm fairly young, yet. But I absolutely have pitiful grip strength. I struggle opening jars and have to ask my wife to help. It's been an issue my entire life and it was so bad that about 20 years ago I failed that part of a physical for a job and the doctor kind of glazed over it since I wasn't driving a truck or anything. So I'll see how banding bags goes...

6"x12" I plan on trying to tape up the corners a bit so the bags are rounded on the bottom.

That makes a lot of sense, Willie, thank you!

Jacob you need to take up shooting recurve to build some hand strength sorry couldn't resist. If you really have issues like that then by all means consider all options and use what works best for you.

If you are bagging individually I would suggest smaller bags. I usually bag everything individually and go for a bag thats about an inch bigger than the fish length.
    If your bags are too big you will be paying alot for too much water.
    AquaticSuppliers.comFoods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Real Name
    Jacob

Quote Originally Posted by brewmaster15 View Post
    Jacob you need to take up shooting recurve to build some hand strength sorry couldn't resist. If you really have issues like that then by all means consider all options and use what works best for you.

If you are bagging individually I would suggest smaller bags. I usually bag everything individually and go for a bag thats about an inch bigger than the fish length.
    If your bags are too big you will be paying alot for too much water.
    I don't mean to make it sound like I cannot function normally, I'm fine. Well, "fine".

I simply can't find smaller 4 mil bags. AquaBid doesn't have any. I think I checked Ken's and didn't see any there. I'd like to send them 1 or maybe 2 in a bag "just in case". Even just transporting these from the LFS I have an adult that's permanently disfigured because he took a spine from another one. He seems fine otherwise.

Screenshot_20240501_103837.jpg

2ml +2ml =4 ml.

It maybe over kill for your sterbai but when I have shipped big fish I make a sleeve of 6 ml plastic.. or newspaper.

Fish+ bag +sleeve+bag. Then that bag goes into a 3rd bag that put 3 or 4 fish bags into..

Theres also nothing wrong with using mans best friend .. duct tape or even clear packing tape. Ive used all at one time or another.

Al
    AquaticSuppliers.comFoods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12