ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Guests and Lurkers.. or .....non posters

Registered Member

Default Re: Guests and Lurkers.. or .....non posters

my neighbor is a retired (injured) ball player from the bluejays...actually their club in florida....small world

lots of neat people here...makes it a great place to hang-out and learn a few things...

rick - my wife got hooked when i received the babies form the contest - i wasnt here and she had to unpack them (no small feat - jeff's packing was incredible) and put them into their new home - now she is checking on them several times a day - next i'll have her feeding them...hehe

d

Real Name
    James (Jim) Shedden

Hi Rick : Actually I am going to Bowmanville on Sunday to visit my mom for mother's day and then on Monday and Tuesdayt I am doing seminars at Dofasco and Stelco. I will make my usual trip to Big Al's just to see if there is anything (discus) that needs resueing. By the way, what youngsters are you selling?

Jim

Registered Member Carol_Roberts's Avatar

It's official Ardan, Joan, Matt L, Scott and Jim have joined the ranks of the regulars posters

Carol

Hi April, Carol, Brew, DarkDiscus, and Everyone:

I have only been a lurker for a short time! So with this thread I'll say "HI" and do a short intro....

I've been a fish addict since the age of 12, and have only recently moved up to hard core discus keeping!  ;D
    I have a group of LFS bluediamonds for just over a year, a group of red pigeon bloods from Cary for about 4 months, and a mixed bag from Wattley for about 2 months. I just recently won a lottery, so I'll be adding on!!!

I really enjoy fully planted tanks, BUT believe discus should grow up(BB) before moving into the deeelux apartment !

I read Jedds and GLD boards, but do not post much, because I feel I still am learning and do not want to give inaccurate information.

Take care,
    Lynn

Carol
    Thank You, Your Honor! (I think when I was "lurking" I saw you use that hammer once before, I LOL, just can't remember if someone was in trouble or not? HE HE HE)(You can throw the hammer at me :blockhead: if you want)
    I feel at home now.
    I promise to continue posting and obey all water change rules. HE HE HE
    Looks like you really know how to use that *
    smiley, Carol! LOL
    Take Care,
    Ardan :sunshine:
    p.s. I was afraid to register when I saw that * come slamming down, so I lurked for 1 more day, then I thought, aw what the heck, looks like fun. *join em!!!

Hi Lynn,

Welcome aboard! It sounds like you're off to a great start. Out of curiosity, which breeder are the lottery fish coming from? Please tell us so we can all be green with envy and wish we were you!

I, personally, don't think you can provide inaccurate information if you're posting what has worked for you. That's why you'll see so many people say IMO (in my opinion) or IME (in my experience), because everyone has their own way of doing things. You're welcome to share with us whatever you'd like!

Oh, and if you have a camera, we'd love to see pictures of your aquachildren

Ryan

Duh, I completely forgot to finish my post... I was going to give a big to Joan, Ardan, Jim, Matt the King, Dan, and all of our other wonderful new members! April, this was a great idea for a post. I love the community we have here, and it's always nice to see new faces. You guys and gals can all post some info about yourselves in the Member Biographies forum if you'd like. Then when other newcomers join, they can read all about you there. So much stuff gets posted here on the General Discussions board, I'd hate to lose your bios here!

Ryan

Hi Lynn,
    Welcome! I saw you won that lottery, congratulations!!
    Yes I too am envious, probably can't bear to look at any pictures HE HE
    WOuld love to see pictures of all the fish. SOunds like you have quite a group of fish and I'll bet you have learned a lot and could really teach us a thing or two.
    I'm always "stepping in it" giving my 2 cents, then along comes another idea. I am really learning. I pull out my books too for info, ask a lot of questions and watch all the pros go to work. Really a lot of people with a lot of ideas around. Would love to hear and learn from your experiences too.
    And a   back to you too Ryan, thank you.
    Ardan  :sunshine:

Thank you for the welcome Ryan!

I do not have a digital camera, so I have to do it the old fashion way and scan the pics. Kind of a PITA  I am spending all of my $$$ on fishie stuff!

I was lucky enough to win the wild discus from Pat Meuret. ;D I haven't got them yet because I have to go through this termite thing next staurday, and I don't want new arrivals to go through that much noise!!! Plus I am a little worried about getting them settled in. I just moved my other tanks and can't believe how long its taking for the stress to subside!

Anyhow, I am glad to participate with my fellow junkies!!

Lynn

Ooooh, you won Pat's wilds! Lucky you! ;D

I bet you will love them!

Ryan

Hi Lynn:
    You're going to hafta start saving for the digital camera . . . it's really MUCH more fun to get new fish AND post pictures of them Soon you'll have enough fish equipment (you know about the online discount catalogs don't you) and with all the water changes you won't have time to eat out or go to movies anymore . . . think of all the money you'll save . . .

. . . .  and there is nothing wrong with telling us how you solved a problem.  Maybe you found a solution that can help one of us or if it's something you shouldn't be doing we'll tell you in a nice way.  No flaming and name calling here. . .

Carol

ok the welcoming committee is back on line! Have to be a good girl and work hard on Saturdays....as the big bad boss is in!!
    Welcome Lynn....glad to have you aboard!
    great hearing about all of you. Congrats on the wilds you won! Hope you eradicate those rotten termites!
    Don't worrying about not posting.....as there is always something you can add even if its just having fun and socializing. doesnt always have to be all technical. you can tell us about your fish updates....etc etc. sounds like you have some nice group of fish . get that regular old camera out.....or find a fish friend with a digital one...and bribe him with somethin! thats what i did at first! till I got my own! ;D
    the camera goes with the addiction as someone said. theres a pattern. the fish the supplies more fish more supplies....then the camera....then more fish to take more pics of! i had to wait also. your just a bit behind me!

Say Lynn,
    Finally my old brain clicked in, I remember your termite problem. Also knew I read a biography and someone worked with that kind of thing, just couldn't put the two together, so went back through some of those bios and I see Beth, A. used to work with tearing out termite damage and such. Maybe you could talk to her and maybe she might have some more ideas about protecting your fish. (maybe your already ahead of me (I'm slow sometimes, I'll blame it on the age and grey hair Ha ha)
    Anyway, just a thought.
    Carol, you are right yet again, those bios come in handy to learn things about people and see who are the experts!!
    hth
    take care

Hi Areden:
    Yep, they do come in handy.  It sounds like you enjoy researching. Have you been to all the different discus sites?  Discus Page Holland has lots of good articles.  The discus Resource Page has an article section that I still refer to from time to time. . .  

Save this site:    http://discus.pagina.nl/

Carol

Thanks Carol,
    Well I'm trying to check different sites and learn as much as possible, there's so much to learn, makes my head spin, but sure is interesting to me.
    I'm trying to read all the back posts too, lot of good info. Lot of intelligent people with a lot of different experiences and knowledge. Just trying to remember whos who and who knows what, all that sort of thing. I guess will take time to get a handle on all of it. But I'm having fun, better than sitting in the ole easy chair and snoozing in front of the tube. HE HE HE Although that is one way  I enjoy reptiles. Watching the crocodile hunter. Reptiles are interesting, but I think I'll let steve Erwin and I think AL (saw a croc picture somewhere) handle them for real.
    Anyway here is that long winded thing of mine. I better post and rest the old fingers.
    Boy really got off on a tangent that time. Hope noone fell asleep.  
    Take Care

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast