ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: California Blackworms information

Registered Member

Default Re: California Blackworms information

i got some freeze dried black worms about 2 weeks ago and my fish seem to just love them. i hate to spoil them (yea right) they are my babies. i'll be trying live soon. thanks dan for the new habit!

Is blkworm@aol.com still valid e-mail? I have send 2 messages from 2 different emails and still no answer. Itīs been over week now since my first email. Im afraid to call since i dont know how much it costs from Finland

I emailed them Sunday and got a reply today. They said they are not shipping until after Chirstmas at this point.

Real Name
    Sheila

Aquaticfooods cannot fill my order for frozen California blackworms for 4 to 6 weeks. Has anyone had any experience with the other California blackworm grower, Ken's Fish.com?
    Last edited by brewmaster15; 04-25-2014 at 03:00 PM.

Hi Sheila
    As Jenna was saying, there are only two Blackworm Farms in the USA, both here in California, three in the World.
    We supply Ken and have had to put him on hold also due to the Shortage. In fact we're the only one who offers them in Flash Frozen.
    http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showth...worm-Varieties
    We'll be back at it in apx 4 weeks or so.

Dan
    Aquatic Foods

Hey Shelia my friend you can get white worms and red wrigglers to grow yourself in the mean time, i came here to pick up some live black worms myself for a lovely treat - but white worms and red wrigglers make ACE food , get them off aqua bid or someone here maybe lots of info on how to do it !

while your waiting for your lovely black worms
    - Marnie
    www.bootcamprescue.com

blackworms are wonderful foods and so much cleaner then tubifex no wonder theres a shortage as whole world is buying worms from them.

Registered Member

When you say black worms, these are not the frozen blood worms I use?

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Bobstephanos

Blackworms, blood worms ands tubifex worms are all different..

I'm getting ready to order my first CBWs and was wondering how much to order. By comparison feeding - 1lb FBloodWs = x lbs +/- CBWs?
    Over 50 years in fish and it still feels brand new!! Woodduck

Registered Member

My order of freeze dried blackworms came in yesterday. My discus (and cleanup crew) can't get enough of these. I got the cubes, and there's hardly any that will reach the bottom of the tank. It even got my last hold-out on eating (my discus were shipped 3 weeks ago) to finally take a couple mouthfulls! There's hardly any mess, I love that I don't have to store them in my freezer, and I love that my fish love them. So happy.

Registered Member

Are they still in business? I tried calling/emailing/and messaging them here on simplydiscus but no one has responded to me.

Quote Originally Posted by anngocta View Post
    Are they still in business? I tried calling/emailing/and messaging them here on simplydiscus but no one has responded to me.
    Contact them through eBay, they will reponse and probably more active there instead of here.

I have been keeping my cbw in a 29g tank with a sponge filter and little gravel on the bottom. I feed them shrimp pellets every other day, and change half the water once a week. When I first receive the worms I change the water in the tank everyday to clean them out and wont start feeding them to my discus till the water stays clean in the tank. I have been feeding them to my discus for just under a year with no issues.
    Eric M

Quote Originally Posted by ktm4us6 View Post
    I have been keeping my cbw in a 29g tank with a sponge filter and little gravel on the bottom. I feed them shrimp pellets every other day, and change half the water once a week. When I first receive the worms I change the water in the tank everyday to clean them out and wont start feeding them to my discus till the water stays clean in the tank. I have been feeding them to my discus for just under a year with no issues.
    Can I ask if they are multiplying or just surviving, I have sent an email to several US companies as I cant get live ones in the UK, would like to start a culture if possible so any help would be great thanks.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast