ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Quarantine *questions...

Default Re:Quarantine *questions...

GS,
    Congratulations. I was wondering how long it would take you to show your true colors and I think this is a record for you on a forum.

You ideas are not the problem though They are founded on nothing but misunderstood biological principals. As admin of this board I have left those as they stood and stated my opinion of them.

Your attitude and manners when posting is the problem and you have been warned both on the board and by IM. If you have a probelm with this IM message and we will discuss it.

Learn to post with respect or learn to post somewhere else. Your typical behavior is unacceptable here.

-al

alex- you are absolutely correct.

Real Name
    James (Jim) Shedden

Ditto Al. But I will admit he was right ............. my neighbours kids do not have the measeles (I bullshchitted) but there is an outbreak of rabies up here. Does this mean we should take all the kids out into the bush and let them get bit by a rabid wolf. Maybe a couple of kids would build up atibodies and survive but I suspect that 99% would not. These fish are our kids.................but some people just don't get it. The day I start treating an animal as a commodity is the day I am out of the hobby.
    And this is absoultely the last time I will repond or waste my time on this thread.

Jim

Registered Member

Al,
    Since you provide this forum for hobbyists to learn and share,it is similar to the toilet in your snack bar,when people have their bowel upset you can't stop them for using it ,no doubt they having their meals at the bars somewhere else ,because human always have the habbit of using new toilet for they have the misconception of "New is cleaned",but,the feces that release out from us the human,can you say yours is just a little bit cleaner than the rest of us?

Knowledge and personal attitude you have to differentiate
    in two different cases,if a capable president prove to his citizens that he has the talent in governing his country for all the citizens to make their good living with equality,but,he has the bad habbit of drunk (This is his private life),do you think the citizens will elect him in the next election?
    Even the opposition parties disclose it on the road side rally for thousands of times they will pretend never heard of it before,
    but,when president just say only once on the T.V all the citizens give him a big clap for supporting.
    So far,we have only seen articles and books talking about the plague,has anyone come out here to tell the hobbyists what is the cause of the discus plague? I think they will just keep it for their own use,but,I am the exception for I learnt and provide free information on forums ,so,I reckon this is the reason why I got ban from forums for I telling the differences between the "Recruit" and "Commando" discus,I presume any forum that used to ban posters is talking more about related to business than hobby,or maybe I am wrong here.
    Of course I will find another forum to post and disclose more about the discus plague,when I ready I will let all newbies know where I post it,I would say it will be a "must Know"for your future Discus keeping.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Jim,
    Since you admit you are a bush!t king,now I exaggerating a story of Fame and Shame which is also talking about the Paper and experience.(it is only joke)

You know in the last Duisburg Discus competition there was doctor crazy about the fame and forget about the shame,because he has been working in the hospital in the operation room for more than 20 years,he has been trying hard to find out of what can make him the fame until he met me one year ago and I told him DISCUS is the only way that I knew can make him well known to the world,so,he started to jump into this hobby after got the information from me,he spent heaps of money on quality Discus but,he is so stingy worry about I might make some profits on his fish,so,he prefer to go alone to buy fish directly from Penang breeders and they treated him like a big fat pig,told him the fish were the AAA quality and charged him a fortune,he has been keeping these discus waiting for the Duisburg Int'l Champion for a long time,but,what a sudden! there was an appointment happened to be on the 1st of Oct.02,so,he came and discussed with me of how could he loose this chance for he has prepared all the AAA Discus hoping to win the Int'l Champion,I told him maybe he could find someone who can carry this job,and he told me his assistant can do it,I asked:does he have the experience?
    he said:This doctor spent more times in getting his cert.but no experience.
    I asked:how can you trust him? this is concerning a person life.
    He replied:no worry! I know how to fix him,my fame is more important.
    So,he negotiate with the assistant to carry this operation,
    assistand Said:I can do it,but,I have the bad memory and always forget something in the patient body.

Crazy Doctor:this operation is for a patient suffering from heart attack,and he is very old,you just treat the case same as you were practising in School,but,one thing you must tell him the true when the patient ask you,otherwise he will not let you do it for him.I will call you when I in Duisburg or something urgent you can call me too.(The crazy doctor already knew the asst.has the bad memory and always forget to take out the scissors or knifes in the patient's body)

So,when it came to the day for operation,everything are ready and just one hour before the operation,the assistant doctor tried to consoled the patient not to worry and they started to chat:
    Patient asked:doctor you are older than the rest of doctors here you must have studied for a long time?

asst.doctor: oh! because I supposed to got my cert.within five years,but,I spent 10 years instead for I have the bad memory.

Patient ask:then how long you have been working in here?

Asst,doctor:I have been working here for more than 10 years only as the assistant.

Patient:so,how are you going to do the operation for me?

Asst.Doctor:No worry! this is my first trial in my experience and this operation will only takes you a short hour and we are using the new method and you will still awake,so,if you feel any pain in your body please remind me I might forget something in your body.
    After the doctor told the patient and he started to got shocked and have the body clamped ,so,the asst.doctor called Duisburg to ask for help from the crazy doctor and he said:you just wait for a while then it will be alright,just before he turn off the phone ,a nurse came in a hurry to informed the patient already kicked the bucket,then the asst.told the crazy doctor about that and
    he replied:you see! that is so simple,you don't even have to wet your hand and the problem just solved.

You newbies just quess,can the doctor win the prize if he has no experience and trust the breeders?
    ==========================================
    People said money is the way of all the devil,here we will say "Discus is the fish to bring you the fame" that's why so many people trying hard to make their fames and don't mind sacriffice others as the crazy doctor ,but,I advise you hobbyists please don't take it too seriously as it just a hobby.

Jim,
    How's that? you must bush!t with something related to discus not to human.

goodbye GS
    -al

Registered Member

SteeeeeeeeRike3- You are outta here! Frank

GS!
    You are a fuuny guy, you know that! Yes, you have mentioned this 'plague' is similar to the chicken pox but it is based only on one thing, once exposed therefore build up antibodies! So what! I dont remember being purposely exposed to chicken pox! I dont remember chicken pox being as deadly as the 'plague' either! So why dont we start comparing it to a 'deadly' disease! Sort of apples to apples maybe!

Btw, you still did not give a clear answer on the pricing issue so I'll post it again (or is that something that is no concern?)!

You are increasing the risk of losing discus by a million times and most of us newbies are losing discus that are not even disease related, never mind 'the plague'! One thing Id like to see the prices for discus come down, not go up! This whole idea of exposing discus to 'the plague' will increase the cost by what, 5x? That makes a lot of sense. Now you have even less people that can afford them! Thats a good thing!
    And one more issue that I have researched! No one knows what the 'plague' is so how can we even start with the immunization! Like I have mentioned, I agree with you that some kind of 'exposure' would be a good idea and I think that everyone involved would agree to having an immunization, anti-virus, booster shot method however talking about exposure to the 'real' thing as you mention is absurb!

"Gee Techer! My kid has chicken pox! Why dont all your kids come over and also get infected! At least it would be over for good!" Im curious why kids should stay home when they do have chicken pox!

Real Name
    James (Jim) Shedden

Well............... I've had my chuckle for the day............

Jim ..............aka...the bullschit king..............

Registered Member

This is a reply to Chongs post a few pages back.

Praziquantel can be bought in Australia at most LFS now. The only two companies that make it here are 'aquarium science' who sell it as a de-wormer, and 'aquamaster'. Make sure they do not give you trichlorofon, not that this isn't a bad fluke killer either.

James

great post

Registered Member

I got a question
    I heard some ppl mix the fenbendazole into gel food during Quarantine.

I want to know what kind of Gel food are they talking about? (any brand name to give)? Teh LFS doesn't know what is gel food?

Many thanks

Registered Member

Al,

How much time do you allow between each new med treatment?

If the breeder/importer had recently(let's in the last two month) had done all of the mentioned treatments(metro, prazi, panacur etc) would you recommend repeating it?

Not sure if I should be posting to this thread since got off topic, but would appreciate the info.

Thanks.
    Oleg.

Hi O!

Most meds are processed by the liver.. so its good to allow a week or so between medications.

If the breeder/importer had recently(let's in the last two month) had done all of the mentioned treatments(metro, prazi, panacur etc) would you recommend repeating it?

This is a personal decision. If you have a great relationship with the seller, you will probably have faith in what they tell you. This is the benefit of building a relationship with a seller.

Personally I treat all fish, irregardless of the source the same. The rest of my fish are far too important for me not to.

-al

Registered Member

Thanks, Al. Do you keep the temp high during that week? How about salt?

O.

hi O,
    I only use salt if theres a problem.. not as a preventive.

as for the high heat.I've never used it much.. The highest I will go is 90-92 F when I am trying to stimulate appetite. I don't use it routinely. Though many swear by it and have great success with it.

hth,
    al

Hi O

Mix into any food they will eat, add knox gelatine. as a binder to hold the food together.

Buy the gelatine your food store.

I use bloodworms about .5 - 1.0 oz, add drug and gel about a teaspoon with a little near boiling water, mix, chill, done. Then feed.

I only put panacur in the food, metro and prazi in water.

Barron

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast