ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Discus Pair about to breed

Registered Member

Default Re:Discus Pair about to breed

Hi Larry;
    I certainly agree with you. The people on SimplyDiscus certainly do take the mystery out of keeping the "KING OF FISH"..
    My new discus are in the air right now; (coming from downunder) and I am excited....!!

I see a Canadian flag...come on over to the bright side...what is your location (?)..

Smokey

Registered Member

Hi Smokey,
    sorry mate the flag was a mistake god knows how it got there! I am from london england.
    agreed the about the mystery but you got to appreciate the info and hopefuly it will help us make less silly mistakes.
    take care.
    Larry
    P.S how do you sort the flag out ? lol ???

Registered Member ReeferKimberly's Avatar

ok this thread is about a year old.... i was reading it and i never got to find out what happened . anyone know??? it's like a discus movie
    kimberly :-*

Registered Member

Started to re-read this post. I can not believe it started back in April of '02... goiku asked for advice regarding discus/eggs/fry..You should start at page 1 for the complete story!!
    Bill - offers some very good advice... very timely.
    DarkDiscus - is right there, anxious as the rest of us.
    Carol_R. has joined the discussion
    April - good o'l pril...always on top of everthing. Remember back then she was just one of us.lol...
    Smokey joined in the conversation - September/02: I remember I was so excited... I was awaiting my first shipment of discus.
    Then suddenly.... nothing... as if everybody disappeared... no more updates from goiku..... wonder what happened{???}.
    kimberly reserrected the post... thank kim.
    But what has happened?????????????
    did the leading characters quite?, was the movie cancelled??, what...what...what...

Smokey

heres what happened....remember...he lives near me.
    he got all my marlboros from me..about 5 full grown ones all for the price of 50.00. much to glenns dismay and pat_in_Nc shock. as he loved them and thats why he got discus.again as he liked my marlboros.
    Well....Raymond quit discus for now...after a few problems and hes very busy with school and work.
    so.he sold or gave my marlboros to another person here.
    then.she was moving and had them up for sale at a garage sale!!!!! selling them for 75.00 each!! so..i said those are my fish and i dont want them passed around to people who cant care for them. when i went to the garage sale.after taking off work...there were 4 of them there. two were in a corner shaking and pecking and ovipostor down. so i said i'll take those two. my other friend took the other two.
    she is now laying eggs everyweek.
    the male didnt fertilize or is not fertile. not sure. but i now have her with my male who has raised fry. another marlboro. Glenn is getting the pair. and maybe we can swap fry if he gets them going.
    so.for now Raymond or goiku is out of discus. but im sure one day he will get them again when time allows.
    me.....i bought the marlboros from mike and cary as fry. 2 inch. for 35 usd each and rebought them again for 75.00 each. and who said this was a money making hobby? lol. but well worth every cent just for the fun.

Registered Member ReeferKimberly's Avatar

ahhhh ok thanks a bunch brew!! now i can slide back into my seat . i read the whole thing and was very dissapointed to see it just come to a halt b4 the climax.
    thanks again!
    kimberly :-*

Registered Member

WOW... what an ending.
    Yet we got to see what a discus can go through, in its life.
    so, the discus are back home and in good company. Wonderful rescue, April. Hang onto the screen rights.

Sorry to here of Raymonds demise from the wonderful world of discus.

Smokey

Raymonds specialty is planted tanks. and im sure one day when he has more time he will try again.
    hes also limited for space right now .
    but.he sold his 90 gallon tank.

Registered Member

To who ???.

no idea
    asked me if i wanted it..then never heard again. but he had it in the buy and sell. so im sure someone got it.
    he had just bought it last may.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456