ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: General Fishy Question

Default Re: General Fishy Question

Hey Mike

The dog is good......................Quiet company, and you can talk about fish all day......................been there, and still do it......... when no ones around,...of coarse..... : : :..........Jason

Registered Member

I do it all the time Jason......even if someone else is there.  At least, he always agrees  %** %** %**

Sad innit ;D ;D

Mike #)!

Registered Member

My wife is in the a-b category which is great.  My orange tabby cat is definely an a personality cat.  I am not sure that is good.  He may be thinking "hey dad why can't I do that water change for You, I promise not to torment those fish toooooo much!!!!"
    Brian

welllllll....

I would have to say that hubby is in category b-c.

At first he wasn't into them at all...after a while, when he would get up in the morning and the light was on...he started counting them. *(I think he was making sure the $$$$$ were still alive and kicking!) *That was when I only had the Watleys. *When I brought the first wilds home...he could not understand my excitement. *He said I was adding perch to the colorful grouping I already had...CAN YOU IMAGINE! *Now, he will actully sit in the living room and watch the wild tank....without turning on the TV! *

The only complaint I get is the babysitter I need whn we go on trips! *He doesn't really actively participate in their care, but doesn't complain about the constant water changes anymore either!

We'll see how this spring and summer go....we enjoy touring on the motorcycle and riding weather is coming up...we'll see how well he copes with lining up all the fixins' to leave the fish!

And, we'll see what happens when I tell him we have to break down a tank and move it out to be bleached!!!!!! (moan...groan...but he'll help!)

Terri

P. S. *He did help me set up my pump in/pump out hose!

My girlfriend falls somewhere in the b-d range. She has even set up her own 10 gal with a couple angels, feeds them everyday. I do the mantainence, because being a discus keeper, I can't look at that little tank for more than a week without having to do a water change on it. Sometimes she gets annoyed because I spend so much time with my fish, but she knows I love it and tolerates my over-enthusiastic approach.

-Mike T

My wife is b-c range.  She has little or no interest in my fish but knows that I generally stick with my hobbies and it keeps me off the streets.  I told her that at 40 lots of men are dropping their wives & chasing younger women, I started some Discus tanks... she asked if those were her only choices.  She's come to accept the tanks and even suggests where I could fit more.  Right now she's designing the tank stand that will replace the shelving on the last area that tanks can fit so I will be able to add a couple 60g & 28g tanks.  So I'd say she's pretty accepting without having much interest.

Dave

Well  my wife tolerates me and the fish!!  She will turn on the lights and feed them while I'm at work.  No w/c's  for her but she will call me if she thinks something is wrong!!  She likes them but does'nt have too much interest.  Come nightly w/c's  she has hit the high road.  She's getting better and is letting me get more tanks and more fish so long as they are blues!!   Anyone have blues for sale????  Hopefully she won't read this :-X :-/

Darcy

Registered Member

dededededededededeeeeeeeee..... she is a bonafide, oklahoma bred, fish hatin, ain't put up with nothing yet, terror of a mate. to have to share a home with fish, is unheard of. no value. a genuine fish hater!!!!
    been together 15  years guys, i got my first discus in 88, she never changed. oh, except the first spawn of a pair i had waited their whole lives for spawned while i was out of town recently, she called me and took video to tease me cause i was gone. maybe she is a closet discus freak and she won't show me??????? she hides it very well...

Registered Member

Hope for the best,

Just keep thinking to your self that she is a Closet discus freak.

Bill

Registered Member

I knew there was one out there!  Of course it could be that she's just so used to the game of "hating" the fish she won't admit she's grown to like them...

If it's worked since '88, I think you're safe, now!

John

Registered Member

Default Re:General Fishy Question

Oh the joy's of Discus keeping. Is there an A+ catagorie? My wife is with me 98%, she cleans tanks feeds the young. Even was raising new hatched and did pretty good at it. Then when we moved and I became semi retired it became my task. Good thing is she picks out the ones she wants us to keep, is talking about a tank for the room outside the bedroom, The sitting room. She went out and got Roger-Stanly-Earl, her Betta for the computer desk. I help her with her birds, and the dogs. We will probably look at some fish in Denver within the month. She is ruthless about any pepper on a Discus, says the should all be clean. I have had to sell a couple of pair because she don't like them spots. All and all things are good. K.

Registered Member

Default Re:General Fishy Question

I think my wife is mainly passive. She does get a bit annoyed with the time I spend going to the lfs but she tolerates it. But then again she can annoy me----the other day my big discus was not looking good at all so I was talking about it. Then onto another subject I went to call my dad and she ask's if Im calling the Discus Helpline.----That was just plain mean !! But overall I think she enjoys them just not a fanatic by any means.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12