ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Visit To Wattley's

Registered Member

Default Re: Visit To Wattley's

Dan,

Stop being modest, the pics ARE great, especially in that sauna!

As for expansion, that is too cool!  Maybe this time Gabe will get a nice, air conditioned office where he can possibly take a quick break on occasion!

John

Registered Member

Thanks, John.

Yep that hatchery sure is a hothouse. It took at least 2 hours for my lenses and camera to equillibrate with the humidity and heat before they would stop fogging up. I'm glad Gabe warned me ahead of time. I brought a change of clothes and lots of paper towels, on his advice. :P

I don't know how he does it day in and day out. He must need as many water changes as the fish do! ;D

Sure hope that someday that I might be able  to tour the Wattley hatchery.  Very nices pics and good info. Welcome Gabe and Jack.
    Miles

Registered Member

Hi.

I'm working on a sketch of the hatchery floor plan for Gabe's approval. And more pictures ;D I hope to have it ready in the next couple or three days. Working a lot to pay for more tanks!

And BTW, Gabe, if you and Jack do decide to do a book, I'll take you up on that offer to write it! And of course offer some photography work to accompany it!

Dan

Registered Member

Default Re:Visit To Wattley's

What happend to the pictures? Not able to see any!

Thanks!

Registered Member

Unfortunately when we switched servers the pics were deleted and I had just purchased a new computer and don't have my originals anymore to re-load. Sorry!

John

Registered Member

Hi everyone.

To all who may venture this far back into the posts and might be checking to see if I've reposted the pix to this topic, well i have not and I won't. I'm sorry, but the photos I posted here were edited and shrunk for the purposes of this post. I don't have the time or HD space to save all the photos I do so unfortunately I have no copies of those I posted here.

Furthermore, out of respect for Jack Wattely and Gabe, I would rather not repost the pictures. Gabe does not post here anymore due to reasons I am sure any of you could figure out by reading his few posts (and the responses he got) a few months months back.

So, with that, sorry for the late update, but I was reminded about the loss of the pictures when simplydiscus changed servers (a few servers back) on this last server change.

Ultimately, too, the loss of pix on a server change is nobody's fault, and I hold no hard feelings to the moderaters of this forum. But this hobby is way too time consuming to be repeating work I've done in the past.

I trust you understand.....

Happy Discus keeping

Registered Member

Hey Dan,

Who exactly is Gabe? I have seen his name a few times and was never sure who he was. Is he related to Jack Wattley??

Sorry to hear Gabe won't be contributing his vast experience no longer on Simply.

Best of wish to him.

Cheers,

Chi.

Registered Member

Chi,

Gabe is Jack's partner and he runs the hatchery in Miami. He is a genuinely nice guy and knows a ton about discus. Unfortunately some folks decided to press some political issues with him and he decided that he would stop posting a while back.

It's too bad, beacause he has a ton to contribute.

John

Registered Member

Chi.

Gabe Posada is Jack Wattley's right hand man. He basically runs the hatchery. If you go to the wattley website you will see that the contact e-mail is Gposada@...

Gabe was breeding discus long before most people were. This is how he met Jack. Jack used to bring fish to Gabe for him to breed, because Jack felt Gabe knew what he was doing. And you gotta respect Gabe for that.

Yes, it is a shame Gabe will not be posting anymore. Our loss. Gabe is far too busy running the hatchery. It is his full time job. That along with answering e-mails from all over the world from people who buy his fish and ask for advice.

Daniel

Registered Member

Thanks Daniel.

Cheers,

Chi.

Real Name
    Brian

That's too bad. I went back through all of Gabe's posts and didn't see a problem working out. Maybe it's gone by now.

I got my first fish from Gabe and he was a big help every time I asked for assistance.

I reall would have likde to have seen the "Jack Wattley" section become a reality!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456