ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Visit To Wattley's

Registered Member

Default Re: Visit To Wattley's

Hey DarkDiscus!!

Cool looking pics; an awesome looking Discus.  Correct me if I am wrong but does Wattley's sell larger Discus.  It seems that they sell only younger Discus; such as in the 1.5-2 inch range.

Maybe it's time for a trip to Florida soon!!

Regards, Lester

Dan,

Sure, it'd be great to see pictures of the hatchery as well! As long as Gabe doesn't mind. John, I really like those snowflakes. I'm only about a 4 hour drive, I guess I should really head down there. Maybe I'll wait until the end of the year when things cool off a bit ;D

Ryan

Hi Dan,
    I would love to see the pics! ;D
    Thanks much
    Ardan :sunshine:

John,  ........gosh I need a vacation too! just like yours!  HE HE HE HE      Nice pics!!!

Thanks for Sharing John!
      I'm envious that you got to see the hatchery, and meet Gabe.   Thats a must do on my list of places to visit.
    Between that and meeting up with Jerry Baer, I'd say you had the makings of a great trip!
    -al

Registered Member

Hi Dark Discus & Dan,

I had posted some pics a while back on another Discus Board some time ago when I decided to get back into Discus Keeping. My Fiance and I have become really attached to some of our fish.

We purchased our first batch of fish from Gabe at Wattley's and I agree, he was very helpful and knowledgable. Our fish were great and we were pleasantly surprised by our fish.

Our Blue Pandas are about 9 months old now. It would be nice to see pictures of the Hatchery, since we can't get down there ourselves.

My Fiance' and I have recently completed a tank project to accomodate more fish. There are too many outstanding breeders to choose from now, including: Cary from Great Lakes and Gabe from Wattleys -just to name a few. So, I hope to add to the family soon!!!

Registered Member

BJ,

Thanks for your pics.  I believe that Gabe said that the Blue Pandas were their best sellers!  If not they are among the most popular.  Don't quote me on that, though!

It was a lot of fun visiting.  I only had a limited number of pics left and the humidity made it very hard to get anything other than closeups to work well.  Hopefully Dan, whose pics are always great, will have some excellent ones for us.

John

Registered Member

great pictures! the blue pandas are great! Do they sell over the web, as I could not find an email address for them! I gotta have some of those BLUE Pandas!!

Any info would be appreicated

Bob

Registered Member

Bob,

www.wattleydiscus.com

I'm certain Gabe sells via e-mail:

gposada@worldnet.att.net

Check it out!

John

Glad You had fun John
    THANKS for the pics
    cary

John and Bob,

I spoke with Gabe a few times via e-mail and he said his blue pandas had been selling like crazy. So at the time, he was out. I'm not sure if he has any ready or not. If so, let us know.

Ryan

Registered Member

Dan,
    Super looking fish, thank  you for sharing!
    I will email and see if he has any available.
    Thanks again

Bob

Registered Member

John,
    Thanks for the website. It is weird it did not come up using google.

Thanks again!

Bob

Registered Member

Ryan,
    Thanks! I will send him an email!

Bob

Registered Member

John, thanks for sharing the pics, I would really love to see his hatchery in person, but for now you have eased the craving.  

Ken

Registered Member

Hi everyone.

To all who may venture this far back into the posts and might be checking to see if I've reposted the pix to this topic, well i have not and I won't. I'm sorry, but the photos I posted here were edited and shrunk for the purposes of this post. I don't have the time or HD space to save all the photos I do so unfortunately I have no copies of those I posted here.

Furthermore, out of respect for Jack Wattely and Gabe, I would rather not repost the pictures. Gabe does not post here anymore due to reasons I am sure any of you could figure out by reading his few posts (and the responses he got) a few months months back.

So, with that, sorry for the late update, but I was reminded about the loss of the pictures when simplydiscus changed servers (a few servers back) on this last server change.

Ultimately, too, the loss of pix on a server change is nobody's fault, and I hold no hard feelings to the moderaters of this forum. But this hobby is way too time consuming to be repeating work I've done in the past.

I trust you understand.....

Happy Discus keeping!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast